• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Has No Idea What He Is Doing

Castavar

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think at that pick that we were all hoping he’d somehow be a Suh (younger years without the dirty play) type of player.

If anything he’s been more Michael Brockers.

That's the type of impact you're looking for taking a DT in the top 10. Some would call Star disappointing but at least he was dominant against the run. Brown has just been... well, just kinda there. He hasn't really stood out in any particular way. If he was a 3rd rounder we'd be happy but he was a top 10 pick.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the type of impact you're looking for taking a DT in the top 10. Some would call Star disappointing but at least he was dominant against the run. Brown has just been... well, just kinda there. He hasn't really stood out in any particular way. If he was a 3rd rounder we'd be happy but he was a top 10 pick.

Star (By large) was the best DT drafted by Carolina since Jenkins, imho. No surprise the state of affairs since he bolted.

2 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Star (By large) was the best DT drafted by Carolina since Jenkins, imho. No surprise the state of affairs since he bolted.

Honestly, Kris Jenkins minus the weight and motivation issues was what I was expecting out of Brown. You can go back and look. That was the comp I always made for Derrick Brown.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

And this, sadly, Exactly Right. The question how long does-it  take to see it 

The rest of this year is the audition. Cam, CMC, and DJ give this team a chance every week. If they can get the 7th seed, the staff is back next year. If they get to 8 wins I think you see some turnover but Rhule is safe. If this team ends 6-11, I can't see Rhule back.

This coaching staff has tied their fate to the next 6 weeks. You don't go get Gilmore, you don't go sign Cam unless the directive is to win now. They fast tracked the rebuild by bringing in veteran talent.

If it doesn't work out there is no more "but we need a QB" or "the D is too young still." Instead it will be "We gave you (Rhule) the pieces and you didn't hold up your end of the bargain."

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jopie87 said:

The rest of this year is the audition. Cam, CMC, and DJ give this team a chance every week. If they can get the 7th seed, the staff is back next year. If they get to 8 wins I think you see some turnover but Rhule is safe. If this team ends 6-11, I can't see Rhule back.

This coaching staff has tied their fate to the next 6 weeks. You don't go get Gilmore, you don't go sign Cam unless the directive is to win now. They fast tracked the rebuild by bringing in veteran talent.

If it doesn't work out there is no more "but we need a QB" or "the D is too young still." Instead it will be "We gave you (Rhule) the pieces and you didn't hold up your end of the bargain."

Yep. We've spent too many resources on THIS team and it has left use absolutely strapped for draft capital next April. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Zod said:

Rhule is completely in over his head, but he isn't a finished product. He may learn and get better.

Only question is does Tepper have the patience to find out?

Rhule got sold HARD on Rhule but without strong indications that he's developing as a HC, I wouldn't call it "patience" to keep him. I'd call it hard headedness. I raised the concerns when we hired Rhule. The guy never beat any actual good college teams. I figured it up and I think he was something along the lines of 2-19 vs. ranked teams off the top of my head with the two ranked wins coming against ECU and Navy teams that just happened to blip into the rankings when they faced Temple. He never beat a ranked opponent while at Baylor.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Zod said:

Rhule is completely in over his head, but he isn't a finished product. He may learn and get better.

Only question is does Tepper have the patience to find out?

Who exactly is going to teach him? Rhule had spent exactly one year in an NFL organization before getting the head coaching job of the Carolina Panthers… I know he’s buddies with Tom Coughlin and that makes me even more worried.

There’s not a whole lot of NFL experience on our coaching staff and it shows.

I definitely think coaches can learn but I’m not exactly sure who Rhule can learn from other than himself.

• Beer 1