• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adjustment question, Djax

cardiackat88.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

bad QBs/offenses vs a fantastic pass rush = nice season for DBs.   That's what Jackson's season has largely been built off of. 

It was argued before this game by many, that Gilmore is on another planet that Jackson.   To be considered a top DB, you got actually play well vs teams that can throw the ball to good players. 

Remember all those times when he lined up across the #1s when Bradburry was here? How about this year? Ohh that's when he craped the bed...no correlation there. Just an off game...SMH.

I get liking a player but when they hit their ceiling the liking them part doesn't change how good they are or could be. SSDD. 

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Cool . The Buffalo defense just got there asses handed to them By Carson Wentz and who is his WR corp again???

Dallas got crushed by the Broncos and TEDDY!! 

It Happens to every player and every defense...

Henkie and crew scored more points on Tampa then us right?? And they have All Pro's all over that defense..

Jackson has consistently been the same dude for years and years here though.    He is really fast.   He uses that speed to try to makeup for his mistakes in coverage. 

I'm fine w/ Jackson.  I'm fine keeping him if paid for what he is.  Which isn't a top DB in the NFL.   And I have had that position all season. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The worst part is that our coaching staff just sat back and watched the train wreck up close.

They are going to have to make adjustments quicker. That was the knock on the last coaching staff. You get one play and a bounce back attempt. After that, move on for the game. WFT did that with Gibson yesterday. Once he fumbled, he was done for the whole first half because he was shook about it.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Remember all those times when he lined up across the #1s when Bradburry was here? How about this year? Ohh that's when he craped the bed...no correlation there. Just an off game...SMH.

I get liking a player but when they hit their ceiling the liking them part doesn't change how good they are or could be. SSDD. 

And you could do that for every CB in the league.. Its the nature of the position you're not going to win every battle.. Deion didn't stop Jerry Rice all the time..

2 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Gilmore: limited snaps/role, will be playing larger role as weeks go by

Horn: Hurt

Bouye: Not sure if he would've shut down Terry, but maybe would've done more as donte had a bad game

Keith Taylor: Had a bad game and don't feel comfortable putting him on WR1

CJ Hen: Had an pretty alright to good game. Don't feel comfortable putting him on WR1.

Donte had a bad game but has put together plenty of good tape this year. 

Time for Gilmore to get in the game full time. We cannot afford anymore to just trot him out there for a handful of packages each week. He’s been playing for a month now. He should be good to go. We’re still in this thing. Only thing for sure is we have 6 losses. We could go 11-6 for all we know. Time to tighten the fug up!!

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

And you could do that for every CB in the league.. Its the nature of the position you're not going to win every battle.. Deion didn't stop Jerry Rice all the time..

He is a good #2 at best, that is what he is. Pretending he is a top CB is just foolish, he was never one and doesn't look to have the capacity to be one. He had a bad day on a matchup that should never have happened because we have a better CB on the roster that should have been covering the guy who ate his lunch all day. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Jackson has consistently been the same dude for years and years here though.    He is really fast.   He uses that speed to try to makeup for his mistakes in coverage. 

I'm fine w/ Jackson.  I'm fine keeping him if paid for what he is.  Which isn't a top DB in the NFL.   And I have had that position all season. 

Jackson has been better this season just like Shaq has so let's stop rendering judgment after 1 game when we have 10 more to evaluate as well..

And I'm not sure you keep Jackson or Gilly.. Whoever is cheaper is my opinion but we shouldn't keep both with the young depths we have on reasonable contracts for the next 3 years...

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

He is a good #2 at best, that is what he is. Pretending he is a top CB is just foolish, he was never one and doesn't look to have the capacity to be one. He had a bad day on a matchup that should never have happened because we have a better CB on the roster that should have been covering the guy who ate his lunch all day. 

Okay cool but he has been your best this season.. And you live and die with that at this point.. 

Reality is more often this season Djax has been near pro bowl level play..

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/donte-jackson/49377

Just now, WOW!! said:

Jackson has been better this season just like Shaq has so let's stop rendering judgment after 1 game when we have 10 more to evaluate as well..

And I'm not sure you keep Jackson or Gilly.. Whoever is cheaper is my opinion but we shouldn't keep both with the young depths we have on reasonable contracts for the next 3 years...

Well, my belief is Jackson has remained largely the same.  Majority of games he has found himself in have featured bad pass offenses under the attack of a tremendous pass rush.     And when that isn't the scenario...well, he looks like has for years here.  That's who he is. 

and I am fine with that.  If that is what we pay him to be.  Everyone can't be a Gilmore level DB on your team and he has never sniffed that level of play.  Which isn't an insult.  Gilmore is a top 3 DB and former DPOY. 

Just now, CRA said:

Well, my belief is Jackson has remained largely the same.  Majority of games he has found himself in have featured bad pass offenses under the attack of a tremendous pass rush.     And when that isn't the scenario...well, he looks like has for years here.  That's who he is. 

and I am fine with that.  If that is what we pay him to be.  Everyone can't be a Gilmore level DB on your team and he has never sniffed that level of play.  Which isn't an insult.  Gilmore is a top 3 DB and former DPOY. 

Well cool that's your belief.. But it isn't the reality.. 

Major difference is he has remained healthy which was his biggest issue.. 

So that is something that is different..

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Time for Gilmore to get in the game full time. We cannot afford anymore to just trot him out there for a handful of packages each week. He’s been playing for a month now. He should be good to go. We’re still in this thing. Only thing for sure is we have 6 losses. We could go 11-6 for all we know. Time to tighten the fug up!!

Well if its either play him now or play it safe to prolong his career... prolong his career please. And Donte had one bad game this year. I understand trying to make the adjustment/switch midgame, but not now. Before this game we were already expecting Gilmore to be our shutdown corner and we expected us to ease him in. Stay on course. 

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Okay cool but he has been your best this season.. And you live and die with that at this point.. 

Reality is more often this season Djax has been near pro bowl level play..

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/donte-jackson/49377

Umm Horn was better and Gilmore is better. He is a good but not great CB and the staff put him in a terrible spot yesterday where a HC that knows all of his weaknesses completely and thoroughly exploited them. That isn't on Jackson but it does back up what I said. I'm not trying to be mean to the guy, he is just not a top CB, he isn't a #1 and he is playing his balls off in a contract year. Still 3rd best CB on the roster and 2nd best healthy CB. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Umm Horn was better and Gilmore is better. He is a good but not great CB and the staff put him in a terrible spot yesterday where a HC that knows all of his weaknesses completely and thoroughly exploited them. That isn't on Jackson but it does back up what I said. I'm not trying to be mean to the guy, he is just not a top CB, he isn't a #1 and he is playing his balls off in a contract year. Still 3rd best CB on the roster and 2nd best healthy CB. 

Horn & Gilmore are Man (shutdown) corners. Its what they were drafted highly to do. However you can't say Donte hasn't taken strides and become a solid corner himself this season. Donte is more seasoned than Horn, but Horn has the more physical body and upside talent to have a better career.  And obviously Gilmore's resume speaks for itself. 

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Flames 1