• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Coaching News

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Schuyler Callihan (Sports Illustrated's Panthers writer) put together a list of who he sees as potential candidates for the full-time OC job come next season. The list is as follows:

RB Coach / Interim OC Jeff Nixon

The most obvious choice given that he currently has the role and shares a strong relationship with Matt Rhule

QB Coach Sean Ryan

Ryan was Rhule's original choice for the OC job but Callihan sees this as less likely under the current circumstances

LSU OC Jake Peetz

Unlikely to keep his current job with Brian Kelly taking over at LSU; was known and liked by Rhule during his time as the Panthers quarterback coach

South Carolina OC Marcus Satterfield

Another member of Rhule's original coaching staff who jumped to the college ranks after his first season; has a more extensive background with Rhule than Peetz and Ryan, but not Nixon

You might notice something of a pattern here 😕

Callihan does offer one "outside the box" option in Doug Pederson but acknowledges that it could be a long shot.

Are the Panthers playing college ball next year?

The one guy with the experience we desperately need and it's the guy who got caught tanking. What a pooshow. 

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Gruden will never work in the league again or call a game or get sponsorships. What he did was out and out wrong, but someone took that info and did a hit job on him that would make the Mafia proud.

And you can believe that Gruden's probably not the only one involved in these kinds of e-mails.

Well if you don't act like a POS then no one can do that to you. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Give me Dorsey gonna be a winner.

Dorsey and Assistant GM Dan Morgan were college teammates, but I don't know that he has any substantial connections to Matt Rhule and the OC job will be Rhule's hire.

Mind you, he could very easily have a shot at following Brian Daboll to wherever he gets a head coaching job as his OC.

Which would you choose?

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Can't argue with you there. Hit job or not, he wrote those statements. We've got to believe a man can change, but he hasn't been showing remorse, just lawyered up.

There is no crime for being racist and that goes for both sides of the argument. Still there are consequences. 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Not a crime. Gruden lawyered up to the sue the NFL. 

You can lawyer up for whatever the hell you want, but it really doesn’t prove anything other than some lawyers are taking his money. His lawsuit is more along the lines of him getting singled out and that they intentionally released only his emails not that he did nothing wrong if I’m not mistaken…

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You can lawyer up for whatever the hell you want, but it really doesn’t prove anything other than some lawyers are taking his money. His lawsuit is more along the lines of him getting singled out and that they intentionally released only his emails not that he did nothing wrong if I’m not mistaken…

Yep, you are exactly right.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably not a good sign...

Texans at least show up and play hard, GM Bill was the only GM below Smarty Marty Herniay..... He should get another year cause jesus and all.

I heard 3 weeks ago no chance Zimmer gets the axe, now I heard 1% and maybe he wants a break.....Owner's love should keep him around.....but love to hire Zimmer and let him go mad scientist with all the DBs. 

Im in the "give Rhule a 3rd camp" and dont have a lust list...unless an not foreseen move/fire happens.