• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio & Rich Eisen discuss Rhule & Tepper

BlitzMonster

10 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

interesting observations on Tepper and how he makes decisions - basically cut bait immediately when success isn't seen

Mike Florio interview

I keep seeing people post here with the opinion that Tepper won’t fire Rhule this year because of the contract. Yeah right. Tepper ain’t gonna let some fat turd college coach suck whatever hope and morale is left out of the team and fanbase to save a couple bucks. Ruhle is a dead man walking. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So why wasn't Hurney fired as soon as he bought the team? Surely such a brilliant analytical mind was able to quickly determine that Hurney was a liability.

Tepper believes the hype....until he figures out it's just hype then he cuts bait and moves on to the next hyped commodity.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So why wasn't Hurney fired as soon as he bought the team? Surely such a brilliant analytical mind was able to quickly determine that Hurney was a liability.

I'm not certain Tepper even had a clue that Hurney was a bad GM until Rhule came along.

(for whatever else you can say about Rhule, we do at least have to thank him for that)

Does he get that Rhule is bad? Don't know. He fell for Rhule's bullsh-t when he hired him. Does he still believe it? Who can say?

I'll give him that he did fire Rivera. Here's hoping that same clarity applies to Matt Rhule.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Tepper believes the hype....until he figures out it's just hype then he cuts bait and moves on to the next hyped commodity.

Hurney had hype when Tepper bought the team? Who was hyping Marty Hurney in 2018?

Honestly, I just don't think Tepper had the ability to evaluate football people. He let an absolute moron in Hurney sell him on the idea that he was one of the NFL's great drafters (😂) and then he let a college coach from a C level program sell him on his culture and program building abilities. Yikes.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not certain Tepper even had a clue that Hurney was a bad GM until Rhule came along.

(for whatever else you can say about Rhule, we do at least have to thank him for that)

Does he get that Rhule is bad? Don't know. He fell for Rhule's bullsh-t when he hired him. Does he still believe it? Who can say?

I'll give him that he did fire Rivera. Here's hoping that same clarity applies to Matt Rhule.

If Tepper couldn't ascertain that based on Hurney's history then we're completely fuged.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule's appears to prefer to keep the same close cadre of support personnel with him wherever he goes.

I suspect he doesn't like outsiders or newcomers and that Hurney was gonna be forced out at the first opportunity Rhule had.

If I had to guess, Rhule doesn't like the idea that anyone in an organization knows more than he does.

And yeah, I'm talking about Marty Hurney.

• Pie 2