• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam optioned to that terrible 4th and 1 call

Tr3ach

4 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont disagree with you there nesscesarily but regardless of who takes the blame that is kind of semantics really.  It's good to blame someone you want to blame.  Everyone is pissed off and frustrated with how this season has went and its always going to be easier to paint the blame on one clear target when there is blame all over the place to be had.

it’s a lesser shitshow than what was going on in Jacksonville.  But it’s the same issue.  An incompetent HC.   Pointing out all the issues that pop up week to week and player to player….is something you can do.  We have a primary issue though.  That’s Matt Rhule.  

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

So let me get this straight.  Everyone who was flipping out when it happened screaming why didnt Rhule call a run play there, he screwed Cam over etc, now finds out that Rhule did call a run play and Cam optioned out of it and that play is still on Rhule.  Huddles gonna huddle

This play was not a big deal in the scheme of things. We didn't lose because of this play.  We didn't lose because of Cam.

Not sure why you are so dead set on defending Rhule and finding some way to blame Cam.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont disagree with you there nesscesarily but regardless of who takes the blame that is kind of semantics really.  It's good to blame someone you want to blame.  Everyone is pissed off and frustrated with how this season has went and its always going to be easier to paint the blame on one clear target when there is blame all over the place to be had.

The guy was given total control over the team… all the way down to the draft and signings.

So when Cam Erving gives up multiple sacks in a game, yes, it’s Erving‘s fault… but who signed him?

This all comes back to the one guy who wanted to to run an NFL franchise the same way he ran a college program… the same college program that lost to fugging Liberty, UTSA, and Duke in the span of three weeks. The guy is in over his head.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

He should have been under center. Period

This. The bad play design for 4th and 1, not having him under center is indictment enough against this shitty coaching staff.

That being said, 100% Rhule still blames Cam for not passing if he runs and doesn't convert.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

When I saw who started this thread I already knew what time it was. Always with the agendas. This is a bad team and Cam is part of that but moreover Rhule has overseen it while things have deteriorated to this point. We need an offensive line.

It is a rebuilding team though.  They werent really expected to be a really good team this year until they went 3-0.

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The guy was given total control over the team… all the way down to the draft and signings.

So when Cam Erving gives up multiple sacks in a game, yes, it’s Erving‘s fault… but who signed him?

This all comes back to the one guy who wanted to to run an NFL franchise the same way he ran a college program… the same college program that lost to fugging Liberty, UTSA, and Duke in the span of three weeks. The guy is in over his head.

I agree with that.  The only thing is everyone is a first time head coach.  They all make mistakes while gaining that experience.   The question is do they learn from it.  We won't really have any idea on that until the offseason.  

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This play was not a big deal in the scheme of things. We didn't lose because of this play.  We didn't lose because of Cam.

Not sure why you are so dead set on defending Rhule and finding some way to blame Cam.

I'm blaming everyone.  That's the thing.  So many people on here want to blame everyone but Cam...  I dont think this loss was on Cam, but if you critique anything about Cam on here then the poo starts flying.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

It is a rebuilding team though.  They werent really expected to be a really good team this year until they went 3-0.

They may not have been expected to be a really good team, but they were expected to be better than this absolute garbage we've been watching.

I said before this season started that I could live with equal or even fewer wins than last year as long as we looked like we were improving. As it stands, it actually looks like we're getting worse.

I call bullshit. You mean, there is an option to check to that play AFTER YOU BURN A TIMEOUT?  Surely you can come up with something better than that after being able to talk about it.

I don't trust anything Rhule says any longer after I see the absolute putrid OL he trots out there. Miller, Jordan and Erving have no business being on an NFL roster, much less starting. Add to that Brady C, who looks better at LT than anyone else, how can he not even get in at G in front of those bozos? 3/4 of an inch?  Come on, man!

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I agree with that.  The only thing is everyone is a first time head coach.  They all make mistakes while gaining that experience.   The question is do they learn from it.  We won't really have any idea on that until the offseason.  

He very well could learn from it but he’s set the team back multiple years. So now the five year plan is a seven year plan because we are worse off than when Rhule took over. Every position on the OL needs to be upgraded and we need to find a franchise QB. I don’t see anyway Rhule could accomplish those two tasks and get us to the Super Bowl in three years so like I said, his five year plan is now a seven year plan.

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I'm blaming everyone.  That's the thing.  So many people on here want to blame everyone but Cam...  I dont think this loss was on Cam, but if you critique anything about Cam on here then the poo starts flying.

The reason Cam doesn’t get the blame is because if the team was built correctly he wouldn’t be playing for us. The only reason Cam is even here is because every other QB that Rhule has fallen in love with has been poo.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

But why focus on that one play? Why make such a big deal out of one play out of an entire poo show of a game? Few are saying it wasn't a bad decision. The poo is flying because you're making a big deal of this one, but moreso because that jackass hack coach brought it out as if it was a big issue in the loss.

He's deflecting on a guy he was forced to add to his team. Not sure what you're deal is 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They may not have been expected to be a really good team, but they were expected to be better than this absolute garbage we've been watching.

I said before this season started that I could live with equal or even fewer wins than last year as long as we looked like we were improving. As it stands, it actually looks like we're getting worse.

I definitely agree with that.  I feel like the roster has a little bit fewer holes than it did last season but the holes it does have are glaring and some of the most important pieces.