• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Excellent passing team

CRA

16 hours ago, CRA said:

We played some really bad football teams and while a lot of people were smoking the Sam crack…..a lot were pointing out that NY Sam was clearly still there despite winning.    Once the competition got harder and teams saw how we were going to use Sam….it got harder to hide what Sam was. 

regardless, calling an average pass attack vs a couple bad teams EXCELLENT….is used car salesman lies.   Rhule isn’t even remotely a decent liar.   

Sans the typical handful of remedial huddlers, the amount of people falling for it is unreal. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Boy this guy really hates Cam Newton lol

Cam Newton is here because David Tepper brought him back.   Not becuase of Matt Rhule.  I think that is clear at this stage.   Literally the very first moment a doctor cleared Sam he is talking about playing Sam Darnold. 

I also feel like as nonsensical as it would be to play Sam Darnold this week, I think Rhule might be fired if he doesn't win on Sunday.   Last home game.  Fire Rhule and the shitshow of whatever else happens is all on the road and out of BOA.  Matt Rhule is acting like a HC that was given an ultimatium of win this weekend or go.   

and maybe the ultimatnum wasn't literally beat Tampa or be fired.  Maybe it was you have to win a home game after the month of Septmeber.....and this is all that is left.  Last win in Bank of America was in September. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

As was once said about Bum Phillips being a great coach, "He can take his guys and beat your team with them. Then he can take your guys and beat his team with them."

Good coaching rules in the end, even over star players, injuries and tough competition. Good coaching builds teams, builds playbooks, builds players. Great coaching builds dynasties.

We have lackluster coaching. At best.

If Coach Hoodie wins it all this year, it will put the ultimate stamp on this line of thinking.  Even if takes him a couple years.  They're 9-5 with a rookie QB for heaven's sake.  Not Trevor.  Not Trey.  Not Zack.  Not even Justin.  The fifth best QB in the draft.

I don't like him, but you have no choice but to respect him.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule said we were an excellent passing team earlier this year.  Excellent.   And reporters just sat there.  

Sam had excellent moments.  Might of hit a little bit of a rut. 

yeah, this isn’t a NFL coach. 

Sam’s “rut” has been…his entire NFL career. Cam’s “rut” has been ever since his shoulder got wrecked by Pittsburgh. I think he still has the arm strength, just his mechanics (which were always suspect anyway) got destroyed in that injury. 

18 hours ago, PantherKyle said:

I'm so tired of the "If he's not gone I am done" people. Guys.....there's 32 teams. Many teams never sniff the playoffs. We are in a bad stretch, but this quitting on your team as a fan bs is garbage. We were in a Super Bowl 6 years ago, alot better than most people can say. There's ups and downs, that's fanhood. Stay with your team.

Nah man. Depending on this off-season I’m not dedicating time to watching this team with this staff. It’s not quitting on the team. It’s about the coaching staff. Always love and root for the players but it’s obvious the staff are in over their heads and have turned this franchise into a clown show. The fact this head coach called our passing “excellent” with Sam Darnold tells me all I need to know. Either he doesn’t know what excellent means or he’s trying to sell a lie. I’m not buying. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, CRA said:

Cam Newton is here because David Tepper brought him back.   Not becuase of Matt Rhule.  I think that is clear at this stage.   Literally the very first moment a doctor cleared Sam he is talking about playing Sam Darnold. 

I also feel like as nonsensical as it would be to play Sam Darnold this week, I think Rhule might be fired if he doesn't win on Sunday.   Last home game.  Fire Rhule and the shitshow of whatever else happens is all on the road and out of BOA.  Matt Rhule is acting like a HC that was given an ultimatium of win this weekend or go.   

and maybe the ultimatnum wasn't literally beat Tampa or be fired.  Maybe it was you have to win a home game after the month of Septmeber.....and this is all that is left.  Last win in Bank of America was in September. 

I think the biggest reason Rhule isn’t gone is, there simply wouldn’t be enough coaching staff if his entire crew backed him and left too. We’d have like what? 3-5 coaches/assistants left?

My conspiracy reason at this point is he’s scared the players would actually rally and win games/lose draft position if Rhule was fired. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1