• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to draft....

musicman

On 12/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, Panthera onca said:

I honestly believe Rhule thinks Darnold is a real, live, functional NFL QB and is going to run it back with him next season. If so, then OL better be the choice.

He has no choice because dumbass picked up his 20 million dollars 5th year option without even seeing him in practice...

On 12/26/2021 at 5:08 PM, ForJimmy said:

Just stating that people screaming for us not to draft a QB until we fix our OL has been debunked by many of those rookie QBs I named. Yes you will have to pay a premium for a premium FA OL like the Chiefs did with Thuney last offseason, Schreff is going to be a FA from that dominant WFT OL on the top of my head. There are usually good OL FAs you just have to pay for them. There are never good QB FAs. Finally solid interior OL can be drafted in the later rounds. It’s easier/quicker to fix the OL than replacing a QB. 
The Jags have actually invested a lot in their OL. Lawrence playing poorly is more due to coaching IMO. If our current staff or (hopefully) new staff are high on a QB like Pickett, they should  just draft him. Once you get a rookie QB on the cheap pay scale you can really payout for the better FA OL and start drafting OL/weapons for him that fit his skill set the following year.

Seriously have you truly broke down Pickett??

He's a 5 year college player with 1 season of good QB numbers.. He would be the worst pick they could make..He has a avg arm and some Athletic  ability but He's also 1 year younger then Darnold with worst College career..

Edited by WOW!!

Predicting (guessing) the  2022 draft for the Panthers is hard because they have no 2nd or 3rd rd pick and lots of holes to fill.

However we know the most need is at Ol,QB,Linebacker and saftey. How all this plays out will be interesting and have a huge impact going forward.

What the Panthers in free agency and the luck they have there could play a big role in their draft and determine how and who they select.

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

If Tepper let this staff draft a QB in this draft he needs to be drug tested.. No way he gets talked out of Feilds or Mac Jones but takes a Qb from one of the worst QB classes.. OMG I'll rip my TV off the wall..

If Rhule stays he is more than likely drafting a QB. Rhule will be desperate and will have to give his boss some type of confidence he knows what he is doing. This is one of the reasons why he needs to be canned.

25 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Predicting (guessing) the  2022 draft for the Panthers is hard because they have no 2nd or 3rd rd pick and lots of holes to fill.

However we know the most need is at Ol,QB,Linebacker and saftey. How all this plays out will be interesting and have a huge impact going forward.

What the Panthers in free agency and the luck they have there could play a big role in their draft and determine how and who they select.

Its not that hard to predict if Rhule is the coach.  We will be picking in the top10 again 100% guaranteed. 

How BC plays at LT the next 2 games will help determine what they do. If they feel they need a LT, then they'll get one in the 1st. If the want a top G or C, they may drop a few slots and get a 2nd rd pick back and then take C/G in the mid 1st rd. No matter what, we need OL players.

Aqeel Glass QB

John Ridgeway DT

Leddie Brown RB

Zach Tom OL

Tyler Linderbaum C

Devin Lloyd MLB

These are the players I want. Intangibles, football IQ, and NFL championship leadership are what's important to me to fill out the core of players to build around. Yes, there are more physically talented players, but this team needs leaders who can win, bring discipline and make game changing impact.

8 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Seriously have you truly broke down Pickett??

He's a 5 year college player with 1 season of good QB numbers.. He would be the worst pick they could make..He has a avg arm and some Athletic  ability but He's also 1 year younger then Darnold with worst College career..

His year was way better than any year Darnold had with less talent around him. When a player is breaking Watson’s ACC stats with Pitt talent around him I take notice. He has also broken several of Marino’s records from Pitt. This past offseason he went to Manning’s camp and got a lot of one on one time with him and has caught fire with what he learned. 42 TDs to 7 INTs in pretty impressive in itself. Burrow also only had one good year put in the work his final season and crushed it. He reminds me of a Burrow-Lite. Here is a mid season comparison of the two. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-draft-is-kenny-pickett-the-next-joe-burrow-examining-the-pittsburgh-qbs-dominant-2021-campaign/amp/

He has just become a smart player with more than enough athletic ability and arm strength. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

His year was way better than any year Darnold had with less talent around him. When a player is breaking Watson’s ACC stats with Pitt talent around him I take notice. He has also broken several of Marino’s records from Pitt. This past offseason he went to Manning’s camp and got a lot of one on one time with him and has caught fire with what he learned. 42 TDs to 7 INTs in pretty impressive in itself. Burrow also only had one good year put in the work his final season and crushed it. He reminds me of a Burrow-Lite. Here is a mid season comparison of the two. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-draft-is-kenny-pickett-the-next-joe-burrow-examining-the-pittsburgh-qbs-dominant-2021-campaign/amp/

He has just become a smart player with more than enough athletic ability and arm strength. 

He would be on IR by midseason with this line

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Ideally we wouldn’t have this line with this staff. But yeah Burrow got IRed behind his terrible line his rookie year, so I see your point. 

If we drafted Pickett at 7 then IMO this line will be as bad or worse next year.  If we keep getting some other teams scraps for the line then we will just be spinning our wheels.

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

He has no choice because dumbass picked up his 20 million dollars 5th year option without even seeing him in practice...

Darnold will be on the team--so if we draft a young QB would he start over Darnold? Or learn to see ghosts from him while sitting on the bench? I doubt we draft a developmental guy cuz we want to win sooner than later. A QB in FA seems most likely to me. Probably a bridge guy b/c I dont think we have much to offer a top tier guy who probably isn't going to want to come here.

Just now, Michael G said:

Darnold will be on the team--so if we draft a young QB would he start over Darnold? Or learn to see ghosts from him while sitting on the bench? I doubt we draft a developmental guy cuz we want to win sooner than later. A QB in FA seems most likely to me. Probably a bridge guy b/c I dont think we have much to offer a top tier guy who probably isn't going to want to come here.

A developmental guy at 7 (or 6) would be colossally stupid.    Its looking more and more like Darnold will be here with a rookie qb or not so might as well build the line instead of blowing a pick for a qb.   Eff it roll darnold back out there to earn his money and get us a top 5 pick for 2022

• Pie 2