• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade down, best QB available and the rest Oline..

Jmac

That's the only way to get out of this mess. Use FA to try and fill the remaining gaps and jettison the dead weight contracts.

Turning a blind eye to the problems at QB and Oline every season is suicide. Need to get the putrid offense some hope. Sick of this same bullshat year after year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

IMO we tank next year. Trade off our assets, trade back in the draft to acquire future picks, let Rhule run this team to an 0-17 record, then cut ties. 

Start fresh with a new coach, loaded draft capital and a shiny new training facility. Time to burn it down so we can build it back up.  May have to say goodbye to some fan favorite players and fans in the mean time, but winning will bring fans back. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I agree. I think (hope) Fitterer and Morgan leverage the maximum value of their Top 5 selection combined with a comp pick to acquire selections in the second and third rounds. 

I have observed some savvy draft equity posters on here. Maybe one of you all can offer up some best case / likely scenarios with the poker chip being pick 5. I know I would greatly appreciate the shared insights. 

and additionally, what becomes the trade value or company pick for the following?

mccaffery (trade only) 

bouie (compensatory ??)

gilmore (compensatory ??)

5 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Agree that we need to draft o-line this time. I’d like to trade down and have the first 3 picks used on o-line then get a vet QB under a different staff. Don’t want to reach for a QB in this class. 

Folks don’t realize it takes 2-4 years to get up to speed on the oline. Some players have to gain weight, some have to hit the weights. Even if you drafted all oline, you really would not see that bear fruit until the second season. We will have to mix up draft picks and veteran players. However, other than Moton and Christiansen everyone else can take a hike.

13 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Folks don’t realize it takes 2-4 years to get up to speed on the oline. Some players have to gain weight, some have to hit the weights. Even if you drafted all oline, you really would not see that bear fruit until the second season. We will have to mix up draft picks and veteran players. However, other than Moton and Christiansen everyone else can take a hike.

Sewell, Slater, Wills, Wirfs,McGlinchey, Nelson all say hi!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sewell, Slater, Wills, Wirfs,McGlinchey, Nelson all say hi!

Oh, that is great, Hi! 6 out of the 26 that were drafted. It will still take them 2-4 years to peak, but Hi! Im not saying you cant get a starter, I am saying you cant form a solid oline with 3 rookies starting. We will still need to pick up a veteran or two.

Edited by philit99

Just now, philit99 said:

Oh, that is great, Hi! 6 out of the 26 that were drafted. It will still take them 2-4 years to peak, but Hi!

Whats the common theme of all of those I listed?  I will help you out, all were picked either in the top 10 or slightly out of it.  The same pick we have had for 3 years now but refuse to pick a premium tackle/iol.  My point is that high end talent doesnt take 3 years to develop.  Someone like Brady C does not uber talented guys picked in the top 3rd of the first round.  I dont understand if I can research and see this why cannot our supposed analytical front office see the same?

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Whats the common theme of all of those I listed?  I will help you out, all were picked either in the top 10 or slightly out of it.  The same pick we have had for 3 years now but refuse to pick a premium tackle/iol.  My point is that high end talent doesnt take 3 years to develop.  Someone like Brady C does not uber talented guys picked in the top 3rd of the first round.  I dont understand if I can research and see this why cannot our supposed analytical front office see the same?

Thanks for helping me out, my 35 years experience wasn't working. I think you missed my point, and I certainly missed yours. I am talking about a cohesive line, we cant replace two guards and a center with rookies and expect to compete. We will still need to pick up a vet or two. Lets be honest, this staff doesn't have that kind of time, we both know that, expect a mixture.

Edited by philit99

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Thanks for helping me out, my 35 years experience wasn't working. I think you missed my point, and I certainly missed yours. I am talking about a cohesive line, we cant replace two guards and a center with rookies and expect to compete. We will still need to pick up a vet or two. Lets be honest, this staff doesn't have that kind of time, we both know that, expect a mixture.

I wasnt busting on you just trying to reinforce my desire to finally pick a tackle in the top 10 for once in a decade.  And yes I have been screaming that we need to build the line organically through the draft so they can develop together. 

• Beer 1