• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOF Finalist (2 former Panthers make the cut)

CRA

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

megatron 32rd on the all time receiving yards list, him being in hall is purely based on the player he could have been. Where as, Steve smith 8th on the all time receiving list and everyone in front of him is in the hall outside of Fitz. 

Megatron walked away in his prime and had a short career.  Not sure I could name 5 guys that were actually better though. 

it’s the Luke argument IMO.  Should lesser LBs have an edge over Luke getting in simply because they grind out years Luke opted not to…and have 7 more years worth of stats over Luke?   But never were even close to Luke as a LB? 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

*89 has Andre Johnson in yards and TDs.  Plus his pro bowl special team work.   That’s a dig at 89 by voters just not liking the personality.

Wayne and Holt got rings and previously were finalist.  So they aren’t as big of deal but Johnson? 

Damn sure is.  NFL playing politics.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I didn't really think Steve Smith was a first ballot Hall of Famer, not with the logjam that already exists at that position.

That said, I didn't really think Andre Johnson was either, so I don't know about that one 😕

Happy to see Sam Mills on the list though.

I think it's fine if they don't want him to be a first ballad hall of fame. But if we trying to be fair and honest how is Andre Johnson a finalist ahead of Steve Smith at final sitdown is what I'm getting at. I think Smith career has been better so if we pretending it's all on numbers why is he considered ahead of him. Triple crown and a super bowl apparence.

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Cam is probably a longshot, sadly. His career was just so short for being so bright.

I’d put him in.  Too unique not to. 

But I also understand who votes.  And those people have enjoyed trashing Cam since Auburn.  

Just now, micnificent28 said:

I think it's fine if they don't want him to be a first ballad hall of fame. But if we trying to be fair and honest how is Andre Johnson a finalist ahead of Steve Smith at final sitdown is what I'm getting at. I think Smith career has been better so if we pretending it's all on numbers why is he considered ahead of him. Triple crown and a super bowl apparence.

I wouldn't argue for Andre Johnson being in the Hall of Fame, honestly.

Not saying he wasn't great because he absolutely was, but still...

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

I don’t think 89 is a first ballot guy. 

But I’d love to hear the Andre Johnson argument of being a finalist over him. 

89 has him in yards and TDs.  89 has his postseason resume and his special team resume all added on top of that.  

Andre Johnson has what? The best on field fight? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don’t think 89 is a first ballot guy. 

But I’d love to hear the Andre Johnson argument of being a finalist over him. 

89 has him in yards and TDs.  89 has his postseason resume and his special team resume all added on top of that.  

Andre Johnson has what? The best on field fight? 

More pro bowls?Screenshot_20211230-202513_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e0f111d3a37b1f19cdbb5cb7da8514fc.jpg

Edited by micnificent28
  • Beer 1

I don't think they weigh enough how Steve Smith changed the game. We talking about a guy competing against the greats... legends Andre Johnson 6'3 randy moss 6'4 Steve smith was only 5'9. A true number 1 I will jump ball you and win consistently at 5'9. If that isn't changing the game I don't know what is.

Steve smith is the greatest wr EVER under 6'0. There I said it..