• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They signed one free agent.  He was a doozy.  They had to "overpay" because they are in win now mode.  The paid a kings ransom for him

5 years 80 million  32guarenteed    Thats hefty for a 29 year old but I get why they did it. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/kansas-city-chiefs-sign-guard-joe-thuney

Rams have 2, a 5th and 4th rounder

18 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

If the Panthers can (a big if) address the protection issue through free agency and via the trade market as well, i can see them selecting  Pitt QB Kenny Pickett with their # 6 draft selection.

I realize that most speculate this is not the year for a bonafide franchise QB to come out of the draft, but each year there is at least one viable starting quarterback prospect.

While no clear-cut prospect has emerged above the rest, Pitt Panthers’ QB Kenny Pickett  will probably be the one to do so.

Pro Scouts contend Pickett spent an extra year developing at Pitt, and it served the him well, which catapulted him into the first-round conversation.

He was highly productive in his final season, flashing accuracy, smart decision-making, and sneaky athletic ability. The Panthers shouldn’t hesitate to select Pickett if he’s still available with their first-round selection if they can somehow solve the current OL problem.

So this opinion is based on "hey this might not be the year to find a franchise QB" .. "But every year there is atleast one"??

How is this a strong draft strategy??

Example..

You have six pots in front of you 5 have poison snakes in them.. Now you don't have to play the game at all.. You can go buy another pot entirely that fits another need.. What would you rather do?? Play the game find the pot with no snakes or just go get another pot that fits just as important need??

48 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For the love of God people.  We have tried over and over and over at using Free Agency to better our line.  It fuging doesnt work.  Teams do not let high end line talent simply walk.  They are too valuable. You have to build through the draft.  Show me one playoff team that built their line through free agency

based on the ESPN depth chart Arizona only has one drafted starter:

Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart | ESPN

And Ppl need to get past this Sam isn't going to be here thing.  If Rhule is here Sam is going to and needs to be here.. If you hire a new Coach Sam will probably still be here.. Them picking up that 5th year option made that a fact.. No matter what you hope for.. Sam is going into TC as the presumptive starter the only question is who's the coach and who's his competition.. But if Rhule is here he has already brought Sam back and has already talk himself in Starting Sam next season.. Which is the best situation for us long term if Rhule gets another season..

Either he fixes his mess with the QB  he wanted or hes fired next season and the next coach isn't handicapped with Rhule QB decision..

I don't have faith in this staff grooming a QB. I wasn't for Darnold but it made sense to get a young veteran QB with NFL experience reading, understanding defenses and could be groomed to run this offense. Well, it didn't work with a veteran, so I don't think it'll work with a rookie QB. 

I thought this staff would be teachers, open minded coaches that adapted on the fly.

Boy was I wrong...