• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, SuperBowlBound said:

The Rashawn Slater thing - I mean - someone in PR over there needs to coach him on what not to say. The fact that he thought Slater wasn't a LT and the dude dominated as a rookie just reaffirms the belief that he (and the rest of the FO) cannot evaluate OL play. Remember - Seattle has had OL problems for nearly a decade. The Seattle FO has nearly struck out on every OL move they made and that really concerns me about this team's ability to fix this position. Passing on Slater/Humphrey/Trey Smith in the 2021 draft is already a massive whiff.

Really surprised he doubled down on that after how dominant Slater was this season. I would’ve asked about Wirfs and Wills as a follow up.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What did you guys expect? Hard hitting questions? Rhule to suddenly express intelligent thoughts?

I mean, when you can't go to a clown show and then get upset that it wasn't a TED Talk.

I thought they asked relative tough questions given the time they had.  Asked point blank about Slater, asked about cam, the signings of sam and teddy.  Asked about being booed.   I enjoyed it.  I do wish they would have done a follow up on the slater talk about the size comment and if he his rethinking his theory.  But I get they were pressed for time.

It did sound like though that LT is on the board at 6

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Really surprised he doubled down on that after how dominant Slater was this season. I would’ve asked about Wirfs and Wills as a follow up.

He somewhat addressed this by saying they had a mass exodus on the dline after that season and they literally didnt have the bodies to field a defensive line.  So I assume he was saying thats why they picked brown and he said marty was running that draft

• Pie 3

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

He somewhat addressed this by saying they had a mass exodus on the dline after that season and they literally didnt have the bodies to field a defensive line.  So I assume he was saying thats why they picked brown and he said marty was running that draft

That’s where this just gets muddy for me. I really don’t like how he speaks as if these are his decisions but then say something like Marty ran that draft. 

GMs and coaches working in tandem are the best and it’s just a very odd thing Tepper put in place here.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, davos said:

That’s where this just gets muddy for me. I really don’t like how he speaks as if these are his decisions but then say something like Marty ran that draft. 

GMs and coaches working in tandem are the best and it’s just a very odd thing Tepper put in place here.

I've already seen plenty of evidence that Rhule is just a finger pointer. Nothing that goes poorly is ever his fault. There's always an excuse and it was always someone else's fault.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I've already seen plenty of evidence that Rhule is just a finger pointer. Nothing that goes poorly is ever his fault. There's always an excuse and it was always someone else's fault.

Yeah. My best guess is we treat the GM as the head of scouting.  At the end of the day, Rhule can veto the FA or draft selection. Once Rhule gives the yay on a FA, Sal gets to work. It’s the Rhule show.

That’s why I think Fit was a bit coy in his presser.

5 minutes ago, davos said:

Yeah. My best guess is we treat the GM as the head of scouting.  At the end of the day, Rhule can veto the FA or draft selection. Once Rhule gives the yay on a FA, Sal gets to work. It’s the Rhule show.

That’s why I think Fit was a bit coy in his presser.

I'd be surprised if Fitts isn't actively trying to distance himself from Rhule in Tepper's mind. Whether he's cut out to he a GM or not, he's been in the NFL plenty long enough to realize that this guy is in way over his head and he needs to be developing a game plan to get himself a shot to try to run this show post-Rhule.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Just keep posting ur shitty psl marketplace updates that nobody cares about.

Have a little new news there for you 😉

Seems the Panthers have cut the rack-rate on 2022 PSL's that are bought directly from them by about 20% vs. the prices going into 2021.

I checked the gap between some rack rates and what they are being offered for on PSL Marketplace and some of the differences are eye-popping 😳

Some upper-deck PSL's with a $5K rack rate are being offered between .10c and .17c on the $1 ($500 and $875).

The $10K rack-rate  PSL's are being offered for ~.40c on the $1...can't tell if any are actually trading at that level. 

Today total-listings sit at 657 (highest since we started keeping track) and # of seats 1,621 (about 25 below the peak).

We'll keep you posted...👍

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

23 minutes ago, davos said:

Ron Rivera said multiple times during his tenure that when was with MH, he told MH what he wanted, and dealt with what MH got him. Not all GM/HC relationships and processes are created equal. There really is no "blueprint" for success. Even if you look at the top 4 teams in the league, they all operate their FOs differently.

• Pie 1