• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bernhard Raimann, LT Central Michigan

MHS831

Philly has 3 first round picks and would be the only one I can think of that has enough fire power to trade with us.  The question is, who would they want?  Maybe if Hamilton is still there at #6 or if an edge rusher starts to slide.  Frankly, that's about it.

So two things here...Neal, Cross and Ekwonu all have to be gone.  We pick up the phone and contact Philly to see if they want Hamilton or an edge guy.  Slide back to #15 or #16 and take Raimann picking up a 2nd rounder in the process.

Edited by 45catfan

On 2/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, BlitzMonster said:

What don't you like about him ?

The tape above is fantastic against LSU no less.  He's definitely got the size at 6-7.   As a recent convert from TE he's only going to get better at LT as he plays more.   He seems like a great prospect.  

The talent he went up against wasn’t great, and yes I’m also referring to games against LSU etc. i just don’t see any dominance against good DEs, which is what I want to see for 1-2 round pick.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:51 PM, 45catfan said:

Philly has 3 first round picks and would be the only one I can think of that has enough fire power to trade with us.  The question is, who would they want?  Maybe if Hamilton is still there at #6 or if an edge rusher starts to slide.  Frankly, that's about it.

So two things here...Neal, Cross and Ekwonu all have to be gone.  We pick up the phone and contact Philly to see if they want Hamilton or an edge guy.  Slide back to #15 or #16 and take Raimann picking up a 2nd rounder in the process.

If one of the DE's drop, we are golden.  Multiple teams will want to move up.  QB's all there, not sure who will want to move up besides the Washington.

Love to move back to Phillys top pick

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, BlitzMonster said:

What don't you like about him ?

The tape above is fantastic against LSU no less.  He's definitely got the size at 6-7.   As a recent convert from TE he's only going to get better at LT as he plays more.   He seems like a great prospect.  

Rhule will insist that he learn every position on the line and only play him at RG or C. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 6:51 PM, 45catfan said:

I agree Philly has the picks to trade with.  I'm impressed with this guy and think if we traded back he is a prime target.  Former TE, impressive.

• Pie 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 1:35 AM, unicar15 said:

There are so many good OTs in this draft. If we ignore it again I’m gonna have a stroke. You just will not get a better opportunity to lock up a crucial position….we have to do it. If we take a mediocre QB at 6 instead of angling to get an OT it’s going to be gross negligence. 

Was thinking last night about a couple things, one being OT, QB, and DE...and the importance of each of those positions in todays NFL.

I think that giving up two 1's for either of these positions, if you feel very strongly about the player, is likely a smart move for the more forward looking teams.

I think that Philly or New Orleans may have a plan to move up for one of these really good tackles...and I think it's probably a smart move these days, especially if you have an upward trajectory team on your hands.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:35 AM, unicar15 said:

There are so many good OTs in this draft. If we ignore it again I’m gonna have a stroke. You just will not get a better opportunity to lock up a crucial position….we have to do it. If we take a mediocre QB at 6 instead of angling to get an OT it’s going to be gross negligence. 

preach it.

• Pie 1