• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior bowl preview..

WOW!!

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

If Matt Rhule takes Kenny Pickett I will join everyone else wanting him fired.  I am not far from that but Pickett would be worse than Willis.  He won’t even make it as a backup in this league 

I don’t necessarily think he will be that bad, but I can’t see him better than a Carr/Cousins starter at his peak. Both of those QBs need a decent OL to be successful, something we are missing…

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I don’t necessarily think he will be that bad, but I can’t see him better than a Carr/Cousins starter at his peak. Both of those QBs need a decent OL to be successful, something we are missing…

Man…you are very generous.  Carr and Cousins are way better than baby hands.  I will probably vomit if we take Kenny Pickett 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Well he is the best QB in this draft so yeah.  Would move down a tad though if possible 😃

Trade down and walk away with Howell plus a 2nd/3rd would be a definite win! Grab OL after that and I would be so happy I’d almost forget who our coach is.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agree on Haskins mentality but Willis played sandlot football at Liberty.  Not the Big Ten, not SEC, not ACC.  He struggled mightily against decent defenses.  I am not prepared to ignore that

I fuggin hate the Lamar Jackson comps.  Different comp level and athleticism by miles.  Mike Vick light is a serious stretch…Mike dominated against the champ level FSU team and others.  This isn’t a similar comparison 

Most ppl with objectivity isn't saying the kid isn't really raw or doesn't need to sit right away...

The only argument for Wills is he has the elite traits you want in a QB.. And even playing Sandlot at Liberty he had good college QB production and numbers...

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

C’mon. PJ had worse stats than every single rookie QB. He had a worse completion %, TD % and INT % than every single rookie QB including Mills. Heck he was worse in every category than Darnold as well.

Willis may not be ready yet but PJ is bottom of the barrel in the NFL and PJ was never as good as any of the 2021 rookies.

I’m talking early like week one. The comment was PJ is a better QB than Willis right now. Once Willis gets some snaps/experience that will change. PJ shouldn’t really be on a roster since he is peaked and not very good. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The biggest thing that scares me about Willis is tht his presence probably almost gives Rhule a 4th year. You pretty much know you're drafting Willis not for next year but for the future. Playing him as a rookie probably isn't going to go well.

That didn't work out so well for Nagy in Chicago. They drafted the rookie and still got canned.

4 hours ago, trueblade said:

That didn't work out so well for Nagy in Chicago. They drafted the rookie and still got canned.

Because everyone realized that it wasn’t the QB scapegoat’s fault. Nagy was equally terrible with their new “franchise QB.”  Which is also why I wanted Trubisky here to compete with Darnold and still do. 

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Because everyone realized that it wasn’t the QB scapegoat’s fault. Nagy was equally terrible with their new “franchise QB.”  Which is also why I wanted Trubisky here to compete with Darnold and still do. 

Honestly Mitch would be fine for the right price. Even if we draft one they need a more stable QB to learn from not named Darnold. I could even see Mitch starting most of the season like Smith did before Mahomes.

• Beer 1