• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching hires and Senior Bowl Risers & Fallers (Video)

CarolinaLivin

3 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

After listening to the entire QB portion of this podcast, the grade on almost the entire class this year is really in the 4th round -  "let's draft him and see if he can stay on the roster".  Which is a pretty damning assessment. 

Willis seems like the only exception in the group.  His ability to read defenses and decision making (probably the two most important traits) are still undeveloped but everything else seems to be there to become a QB1.  But it would probably take the guy at least a year to learn those skills.  So the team that drafts him really has to be patient and plan on sitting him for most of his rookie season.  

As a consequence not a single member of this QB class is ready to start next year.  And if one believes this podcaster, most probably won't ever be ready.

On point!

There is not much of a gap between the top 12 to 15 QBs in this draft. While everyone's focused on the top 6, they aren't seeing how 6-12 are rising while 1-6 are falling. None of these QBs are worth a 1st round pick. Late first if a GM falls in love with a QB, and it's dangerous to fall in love with an incomplete 1st round QB. You can get a similar value at QB in round 4 through 6 than you can get with the top 3 QBs.

None of them are ready to start, but I have a feeling we will see at least 4 QBs of the top 12 starting by the end of the season. I've had 2 (maybe 3) QBs from this draft being franchise QB surprises for many, and they are not the top 6 being pumped up by the media at the Senior Bowl.

Maybe one of these Senior Bowl QBs has a perfect game and surprise us all. You play like you practice, and I'm expecting to see most if not all these QBs struggle in their game performance. Expecting media to make excuses for their on field mistakes. We will see soon.

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

You play like you practice, and I'm expecting to see most if not all these QBs struggle in their game performance. 

I don't like to make too much of a single day.  But OMG, Kenny Pickett was truly horrible in the rain at the Senior Bowl.  

He couldn't get the snaps.  His throws were off.  Just nothing went right for the guy.  And all of that was consistent with his ongoing tiny hands story.   

Which sucks for the kid since he had such a great season.   But I'm sure that day will stick in the minds of a lot of coaches and GM's come draft day.  Especially if they have outdoor stadiums or frequent opponents who do.  

Edited by BlitzMonster