• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's Game

Catsfan69

1. Ridder 2. Howell 3. Pickett 4. Strong 5. Zappe 6. Willis

All around underwhelming and disappointing. No one commanded a round 1 pick. Late 2nd round value as a project at best for this bunch. Top 50 picks are for players you believe will make an impact in year 1.

ASU RB Rachaad White looked good

QBs never gave the receivers a chance to shine even when they got open.

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Darnold move was more of Rhule banking on himself, thinking he was the smartest coach in the league. No one else was that interested for a reason and we were basically bidding against ourselves. The his arrogance jumps to a $18.5 million extension because he was so confident he could “fix” a QB the league had already given up on… If McAdoo really liked Allen and Mahomes the best in their class, he is liking the higher risk/reward QBs. If he is having any influence and we are looking at QBs, Willis probably has his attention. Rhule might be still thinking he can fix Darnold…

If we take a quarterback (and I'm in the "hope we don't but think we will" crowd) I know both Rhule and Fitterer are high on Pickett, so I'd be surprised if he's not the guy.

Willis being a project doesn't really benefit Rhule all that much in the "save my ass" quest.

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, davos said:

I was really interested in seeing him and agree. Dissapointed.

Same. Really wanted to see him against better competition... well, I did. Not good.

Great touch passer. But he doesn't have a fast ball and his range is about 40 yards max. That just doesn't get it done at the NFL level. He's basically a very poor man's Teddy. I need some convincing at this point to think he can even be backup caliber 

• Beer 2

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Zappe put up video game numbers in college but he got exposed today as simply not an NFL QB. He doesn't have an NFL arm. I mean, not even close. I thought he was an intriguing mid-round pick prior to today. I honestly wouldn't draft him after today. I don't think he's a draftable prosect.

I would take him in the 4th-5th. He is a very good #2 QB.

But, not for a team like us.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would take him in the 4th-5th. He is a very good #2 QB.

But, not for a team like us.

After today, honestly I wouldn't. I don't think he's draftable. Wide open passes to mid-range targets. That's where he excels. Those are rare in the NFL, particularly when the defense knows you can't beat them deep.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

After today, honestly I wouldn't. I don't think he's draftable. Wide open passes to mid-range targets. That's where he excels. Those are rare in the NFL, particularly when the defense knows you can't beat them deep.

But is he worst than PJ Walker? 

If that is the line, I think he makes sense for us.

Outside of that, absolutely makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Fair. At least there is some potential upside with Zappe but the cost depends on the round. 

What's the upside? I could see more upside with a prospect dripping with physical talent who was raw as hell. At least there would be upside. I just think Zappe is probably as good as he's ever going to get because I don't think there's any addition physical ceiling there to strive for.