• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on 2022 QB Class

BurnNChinn

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we were going for a non-premium vet I wanted to either sign Trubisky or trade for Minshew. Both of those options were far better than Darnold, both for the player we would've been getting and the price we would've been having to pay. 

I just don't think Trubisky would've signed with us. I really think he was looking to land somewhere where he could just breathe and regroup in a stable environment before trying to make a run at competing for another starting gig.

Yeah and Trubisky is likely a career backup, so getting in a place with some stability is gonna help him better prepare for a longer term NFL career. Nothing wrong with having a McCown-like career.

I don't think taking the shelling he would have in Carolina would do anything for his long term career.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

SF is kicking a dude to the curb that nearly got them to the Super Bowl and gave up TWO 1st round picks (and a 3rd) to acquire Trey Lance.  Who is kicking their starter to the curb or giving up a couple of first rounders up for Howell?

FYI, Lance was my draft crush last year.  I was bummed when he was taken.  I doubt we would have drafted him anyway even if he were still available.  Ya know, Matt Rhule and all...

I still think Lance is gonna be the best of that bunch. I loved everything about his intangibles. He might be amazing paired with someone like Shanahan. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

So you want the Panthers to corner the market on JAG QBs who played at UNC. Take off the baby blue glasses.

Trubisky won with Nagy and little help on offense. He can be a mid tier starter in the league. More likely bottom third starter caliber which is better than what we have currently. 

Just to confirm your thoughts though, I’d be thrilled if we draft OL Marcus McKethan in the 5th or later. 

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Trubisky won with Nagy and little help on offense. He can be a mid tier starter in the league. More likely bottom third starter caliber which is better than what we have currently. 

Just to confirm your thoughts though, I’d be thrilled if we draft OL Marcus McKethan in the 5th or later. 

The defense won, it had nothing to do with Trubisky

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I still think Lance is gonna be the best of that bunch. I loved everything about his intangibles. He might be amazing paired with someone like Shanahan. 

It may well turn out that way.  Lance is in a good situation.  The Niners have had the luxury of patience this year.  That is probably about to change, but he had a full year to get used to the NFL and spending it under Shanahan's guidance is a lot better than spending it with Nagy.

Jones could have a decent career in New England.  He's a better fit for what Hoodie likes to do than Cam was.  He could wind up being another Garoppolo, but by all reports Hoodie really liked Garoppolo.

Fields may have a shot at a good career in Chicago, if the new regime can buck the trend of.....well.....decades of QB mediocrity with the Bears. 

Maybe Lawrence gets a reset since the Jags chased Meyer out of there (or he chased himself out) and hired Pederson. 

As for the Jets and Wilson, well, let's just say he should be afraid.....very afraid.  Almost as afraid as he should be if we had somehow drafted him.

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Blah blah. He had a horrible coach and no talent around him. Look at their success with Trubisky vs without under Nagy. 

Also, we have a good defense too. 

This is literally the defense people had for Darnold when we signed him.

Trubisky just wasn't the guy. He isn't ever going to be a franchise QB. He's a backup that is capable of getting hot for a few games and winning while your starter gets healthy.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is literally the defense people had for Darnold when we signed him.

Trubisky just wasn't the guy. He isn't ever going to be a franchise QB. He's a backup that is capable of getting hot for a few games and winning while your starter gets healthy.

Except Trubisky was a winner at QB and there was tangible improvement in their offense when he played vs Foles/Fields. 

Edited by ECHornet

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

With you on pickett but fug no trading more assets for a developmental qb who may simply drop multiple rounds simply due to his knee.  listen to the draft dudes podcast where they talk about his knee wearing down late in the year.  He had some cadaver ligment inserted trying to ease the wear and tear.  fug that nonsense of drafting a kid already hurt that is as immobile as they come

Can we agree that Pickett in the real world is a third rounder.

All the QBs in this draft are developmental. Compared to last year these guys are are second rounders.

Ok, the ligament. If anything youth is on his side. I stand on second or third round value for Strong.

His size, weight, ability transfer well to the NFL unlike the two under 6' guys and a cannon unlike Pickett. An arm like that, used properly you don't have to dink and dunk, you can get behind a defense sometimes.

He's not the one being hyped, Zack Wilson had shoulder surgery, not saying the Jets can pick QBs.

I've tried to convince myself to see the light with just about all of these guys and it just didn't happen. I've changed my mind a lot, but man, it's such a deflating class.

Corral & Willis are the only ones with any upside that are 1st round sniffable.  

I wonder how this would stack up in the 2019 class. After Kyler, would Drew Lock be considered ahead of this entire class? I might think so.  Maybe not ahead of Corral & Willis, but possibly.  

• Beer 1