• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hunger Culture

rayzor

First, I kept hearing about this culture that Rhule is trying to establish that it supposedly takes 5 years to create. So exactly what is that culture supposed to look like? What kind of culture is it?

One thing that I think has been lacking for years, going back to the year after the Superbowl, one thing I think we've been lacking is a hunger. I think that loss knocked it out of us.

I mean for years before that we always had parts of the team that was hungry, but that just went away and we didn't have strong enough leadership to overcome that. 

Rhule has done nothing to establish that. That's what good leaders do and it doesn't take years to do that. Rivera was weak... likeable, but weak in that department. It seems like Rhule and Tepper (evidenced by the taking away of "keep pounding") don't want it here, which makes it hard to be a fan. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

This really sucks. This is worse than the lockout year. 

This is embarrassing and really disheartening.

At least Jerry Richardson understood when to let go of George Seifirt for the sake of the organization and the city.

Tepper is trying to convince us that he was right about Rhule. It's more ridiculous the more this Fhule sticks around.

Fhule has failed, he ain't building anything here but a losing franchise that wasn't a bottom feeder until he 1000% made us bottom feeders slurping up anything the Jets poop out of their ass.

Sad sad days in Panther land.

• Pie 3

Tepper has kept his mouth shut. He's not trying to convince us of anything. You're right, though. This is worse than JR, tbh, which is hard to do. I thought we were going to see a guy that is involved. Has he made any fan appearances lately?  Either he's too embarrassed or doesn't want to deal with the the fans who aren't buying in to what he's got going on. 

I hope he's embarrassed,  but then why wouldn't he be doing something unless he's too weak to do anything about it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, rayzor said:

First, I kept hearing about this culture that Rhule is trying to establish that it supposedly takes 5 years to create. So exactly what is that culture supposed to look like? What kind of culture is it?

One thing that I think has been lacking for years, going back to the year after the Superbowl, one thing I think we've been lacking is a hunger. I think that loss knocked it out of us.

I mean for years before that we always had parts of the team that was hungry, but that just went away and we didn't have strong enough leadership to overcome that. 

Rhule has done nothing to establish that. That's what good leaders do and it doesn't take years to do that. Rivera was weak... likeable, but weak in that department. It seems like Rhule and Tepper (evidenced by the taking away of "keep pounding") don't want it here, which makes it hard to be a fan. 

We as Panthers fans saw the NFL give the Broncos and Patriots every advantage they could possibly ask for. Allegedly including playbooks. So I can understand where a lack of hunger can be killed by absolute pessimism. 

Had we not been to the Superbowl twice 03' and 15' we may not have been so aware of the NFL trying their best to hold this franchise down.

It's even more evident with them assigning Tepper to the franchise without even giving serious consideration to the local ownership group. Maybe this insider didn't put the pride of Carolina ahead of the NFL wanting the Panthers to be the Washington Generals.

With Flores coming out with the pay to loose accusations it brings light to the paid to lose theories we've all had for years and totally takes away from the legitimacy of the NFL and it's officiating.

We're jaded and rightfully so.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

53 minutes ago, rayzor said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/?p=649963

Yep I just read this about Stewart yesterday. Totally agree that SB loss shocked them and they never recovered. Thanks to that ref that loved his broncos and partied with the team the night before!

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/?p=649963

Yep I just read this about Stewart yesterday. Totally agree that SB loss shocked them and they never recovered. Thanks to that ref that loved his broncos and partied with the team the night before!

The NFL has done absolutely NOTHING to address the Clete Blakeman screwjob, if anything they applaud it.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

If someone is constantly alluding to a culture being created and aspiring to some sort of grand idea of one, then you're directionless and won't really build one.

You need tight bonds, top talent, and great coaching--from that it should just spawn into its own unique thing.  We have none of those three. 

Those elements creates the energy in the building to build a juggernaut with good direction/leadership.  It's coaching and talent.  Coaching lays the groundwork and sets the tone and then the players (most notably a legit QB) get you over the hump and help bring it all together.  

We barely have any of it minus a few promising parts in Chinn, Burns, & Horn. 

We have a long way to go after we fire this staff who basically blew up a nice foundation Rivera left.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

This really sucks. This is worse than the lockout year. 

This is embarrassing and really disheartening.

At least Jerry Richardson understood when to let go of George Seifirt for the sake of the organization and the city.

Tepper is trying to convince us that he was right about Rhule. It's more ridiculous the more this Fhule sticks around.

Fhule has failed, he ain't building anything here but a losing franchise that wasn't a bottom feeder until he 1000% made us bottom feeders slurping up anything the Jets poop out of their ass.

Sad sad days in Panther land.

The life has been sucked out of the Panthers.... dipsht dave doesnt understand that... change my mind tep....for god sakes...how/why could you try to mute 'keep pounding'...

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1