• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Hamilton

Shocker

I realize that most, me included are probably just ignoring this guy with our QB and OL needs, understandably so but this guy has the look of the best “football player” in this draft.  Be it at safety, LB or whatever this dude is a punisher.  Good ball skills and instincts in coverage as well.  Damn it would be nice to plug him into this defense but probably other positions will be the focus.  Would not kill me if he is the pick at 6 because he is more than worth that pick.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Isnt he hurt? 

The knee would obviously need to be checked but again I doubt we pick him anyway.  McShay just released his new mock and has us taking Sauce Gardner.  I just don’t see it but he joins Brooks and Jeremiah mocking us him.  If the main OTs go I definitely see a move down but who knows atp.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

The knee would obviously need to be checked but again I doubt we pick him anyway.  McShay just released his new mock and has us taking Sauce Gardner.  I just don’t see it but he joins Brooks and Jeremiah mocking us him.  If the main OTs go I definitely see a move down but who knows atp.

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-five-trades-five-qbs-selected-in-round-1

This guy has up trading up for Willis.  oof

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

How stupid would we be taking another corner?   unbelievable if that happens

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

LOL…I highly doubt this happens.  I would be more worried they trade up for Pickett which would be just perfect horseshet 

Edited by Shocker

At this point Hamilton is generally considered the top player in the draft.  We'll see how he performs at the Combine.  But S / LB is pretty rare to take very high in the draft.  Those positions just aren't as highly valued.  

Would Hamilton be a reasonable option at #6 if all the LT were gone and no trade down were possible ??  I actually wouldn't hate the pick at that point because I think a team gets better in the long term adding great talent.  But the draft value (and salary cap numbers at that position) wouldn't be ideal.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

I'll be honest. He reminds me of Roman Harper. That's all I could see when watching him play. He has a very stiff upper body, which worries me if he is playing deep.

I can see some of that as well.  He roamed all over for ND and the playmaking is pretty awesome especially in run support.  He does have nice ball skills in coverage IMO.  Real possibility he goes before 6 as well.

• Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hamilton would not be a smart pick at 6. I know what some are thinking with the draft a FS to move Chinn to hybrid SS where he belongs, but Hamilton is not a FS you want to leave in very many single high situations. Lewis Cine is the FS you should be targeting if you can add a early 2nd round pick somehow.