• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is a lot of speculation in that article.  But the big thing to me is the doctor is comparing the surgery to non nfl players.  What is considered a success or if the knee will "hold up" is drastically different for a guy thats going to play professional football. 

Everything is speculation at this point. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah, but comparing to other injuries and labeling it degenerative would all be speculation at this point. 

I know what you are saying but if he has had what 3 surgeries on said knee and the last one is replacing cartilage.  I most certainly without a shadow of a doubt say his knee is not getting better and in fact getting worse.  Making it arthritic and degenerative.  But we will find out come combine time. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Davis just had acl tears

Really? Just ACL tears. And people that thought he wouldn’t recover were speculating. Right? An actual Dr. thinks he has a good shot of being fine long-term, but they are speculating, while just saying 3 surgeries has him doomed as a fact. It’s a risk either way, but not a certainty. How many games has he missed? 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Really? Just ACL tears. And people that thought he wouldn’t recover were speculating. Right? An actual Dr. thinks he has a good shot of being fine long-term, but they are speculating, while just saying 3 surgeries has him doomed as a fact. It’s a risk either way, but not a certainty. How many games has he missed? 

To be fair Davis is considered the aberration and not the norm

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

To be fair Davis is considered the aberration and not the norm

And to be fair, medical recovery from knee injuries makes progress every year. His could be shot. Who really knows. But he recovered in the 6-month side of “6-12 months” on the second one. Had a scope which is nothing. And didn’t miss a game his last 2 years. To say his knee can’t hold up is a guess just like the speculation from the Doc. Mobility can be an asset, but it’s far from a requirement for success in an NFL QB. 

He does not do well under pressure, and cannot evade it, not a good combination. He also has shown he has trouble executing outside of the pocket at all, to include boot legs. Injury history is the cherry on top. A big pass for me, you cannot operate in the NFL as a young QB with no mobility or ability to make plays outside the pocket, it just doesn't work. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Verge said:

He does not do well under pressure, and cannot evade it, not a good combination. He also has shown he has trouble executing outside of the pocket at all, to include boot legs. Injury history is the cherry on top. A big pass for me, you cannot operate in the NFL as a young QB with no mobility or ability to make plays outside the pocket, it just doesn't work. 

I know Willis is your guy. Who else do you like in this QB class. I’m probably (In order) Willis, Howell, Pickett, Corral/Strong, Ridder with a strong curiosity on Glass.