• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

9 hours ago, Verge said:

I love Willis obviously lol 

I am okay with Pickett, Howell, or Corral in the bottom of the first. I think Pickett and Corral have the highest chance of success in the NFL. Ridder has shown enough for me personally. Glass is a later round flyer, but there could be something there. 

😍

What do you think of Pootie (Juwan Carter)? Might be an interesting day 3 or UDFA guy! While falling even more in love with Aqeel Glass as a prospect, I've gotten a chance to watch Carter and there's some intrigue there for me.

Corral I love one day, hate the next. I can't figure him out. Part of me thinks he won't hold up against an NFL beating, but I also like the idea of putting him on a team with a good run game to utilize play action. He throws a super pretty ball too on slant routes. "Diet Mahomes" is a mind-blowing good analogy for Corral.

Edited by Icege

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His stats are a product of his system.  There have been a ton of qbs with great stats that flop in the NFL.  That are not indicative at all in regards to the translation of an NFL qb.  Plus he was in shotgun for the majority of his snaps.  There are a ton of red flags with him and just because he has a good that doesnt mean poo.

Oh and how is Trask doing btw?  Why are the Bucs looking for another QB if they have the best one from the 2021 draft?

I had Trask as a second rounder. I was correct. I wanted Parsons/Pitts in the first Trask in the second. I also said Zach Wilson was overrated smallish and would struggle.

The year Marty went out to Oregon to see Justin Herbert, whom I was already a huge fan of, I thought it was over, he was moving up to get the future OROY. I was on the Justin Herbert Bandwagon while others here were hating on that young man kinda like the anti-Strong.

Say what you want Trask would take Darnolds lunch money.

Also, Carson Strongs great stats are from being a student of the game his already advanced ability to read and check into and out of plays. His coach states he is one of the best at reading defenses that he's ever seen. Read it. That's what makes a QB great at the next level. 70% completion is not system that's his obsession with being an excellent QB. 

Edited by rippadonn

On 2/18/2022 at 11:10 AM, Ricky Spanish said:

Pickett is a one year wonder, Corral plays in an RPO Offense, Willis is all potential with limited immediate impact, Howell is overvalued by the fanbase due to the proximity to UNC, and Desmond Ridder doesn't do it for me. Carson has the best and most consistent tape of any of the prospects, and he might have the best arm in the class. 

His biggest issue: his knee. If he didn't have any knee issues he might be the consensus #1 prospect this season. He has apparently had a procedure that has taken hold and hopefully there won't be any issues with the knee moving forward. If he passes medical tests, I want him as our QB of the future.

Carson 💪 Literature:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/carson-strong-interview-2022-nfl-draft

Carson 💪 video:

Carson 💪 Film Breakdown:

Please discuss how wrong I am. 

Looking through all of that he, his mentality as a QB is gunslinger. He scares you with these bullets seemingly in triple coverage but all those DBs saw was a smoke trail. He is so confident in his arm it's scary sometimes but he can physically do it like Brett Favre and some others, but not many others. Looking at his game he reminds me of Brett good and bad. He does have the golden arm but NFL DBs are a tick faster. He's a high IQ kid so he'd adjust, but that arm!

Strong IS the hidden gem in this draft! The more I study him and all they guys names you guys are throwing out the more I see, by the numbers, Carson Strong SHOULD be QB1 this year.

I hear you guys so I go and look at stats, tape of guys. Carson Strong has the highest COMPLETION % of all the media and fan favorites. They all come up short...

Carson's first year 63% completion. Next TWO years 70%. The kid got better than almost everybody fast. He's obsessed with completion % and that ARM!

By the numbers, completions included this 6'4" specimen of a dime dropping, laser throwing, cannon arm having, high IQ scholar of the game proclaimed great reader of defenses should be the pick at QB IF the Panthers need a QB, and they do, badly. 

Talk about brass balls!? What that says to me is you can say f' the hype I'm doing my homework and picking, by the numbers, the important one's and by the measurables and this guy as a junior is at the top of THIS draft class if no B.S. is added to the equation.

70% completion for two consecutive years IS NOT a one year blip. That's close to Drew Brees level. I'll take that. Let them sleep @Ricky Spanish

You are correct. Strong SHOULD be the Panthers target at #6 if they're SMART, IF they're analytical.... We'll see.

STRONG 2022

....and the jersey potential.... c'mon

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Strong IS the hidden gem in this draft! The more I study him and all they guys names you guys are throwing out the more I see, by the numbers, Carson Strong SHOULD be QB1 this year.

I hear you guys so I go and look at stats, tape of guys. Carson Strong has the highest COMPLETION % of all the media and fan favorites. They all come up short...

Carson's first year 63% completion. Next TWO years 70%. The kid got better than almost everybody fast. He's obsessed with completion % and that ARM!

By the numbers, completions included this 6'4" specimen of a dime dropping, laser throwing, cannon arm having, high IQ scholar of the game proclaimed great reader of defenses should be the pick at QB IF the Panthers need a QB, and they do, badly. 

Talk about brass balls!? What that says to me is you can say f' the hype I'm doing my homework and picking, by the numbers, the important one's and by the measurables and this guy as a junior is at the top of THIS draft class if no B.S. is added to the equation.

70% completion for two consecutive years IS NOT a one year blip. That's close to Drew Brees level. I'll take that. Let them sleep @Ricky Spanish

You are correct. Strong SHOULD be the Panthers target at #6 if they're SMART, IF they're analytical.... We'll see.

STRONG 2022

....and the jersey potential.... c'mon

shocked ron burgundy GIF

• Flames 2

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I feel like Strong and Corral will be the best QBs from this draft when it's all said and done. 

If we go QB at 6, I want Corral.

If we trade back, I want an OL and then Strong.

Do you like Corral better than Strong, or just feel he has a higher floor due to competition? 

47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Do you like Corral better than Strong, or just feel he has a higher floor due to competition? 

I feel like you have a better shot at trading back and taking Strong than you do Corral. 

I honestly would be fine with either one. I think Strong is more "pro ready" in that the offense he played in would translate to the NFL faster. Corral runs an RPO heavy scheme, but he is still able to make reads and has a super quick release and strong arm. 

After all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the two best of the bunch. 

On 2/18/2022 at 1:03 PM, Jackie Lee said:

The top 3 Tackles could easily be gone by pick 5 in this draft. It's all over the place prediction wise. I dunno if that would be a good or bad thing for our trade back options

I'd be very surprised if Fitterer, based on last year, didn't trade back and try to get at least a round 2 pick back for us. Not that I've played around enough to even fathom a guess on who would want to trade with us.

• Beer 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 12:01 AM, Ricky Spanish said:

I feel like Strong and Corral will be the best QBs from this draft when it's all said and done. 

If we go QB at 6, I want Corral.

If we trade back, I want an OL and then Strong.

I'm hoping for the trade back. Newton listed Strong as one of the visiting QBs, obviously for a trade back scenario.

Strong just signed with RockNation sports management so his profile is growing. Also the Colts seem to be targeting Carson now as well as the Broncos rumors.

https://heavy.com/sports/indianapolis-colts/carson-strong-2022-nfl-mock-draft/

I'm so glad the Panthers are bringing in probably the best value in this draft since the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers #24, Russell in the 3rd and Brady in the 6th.