• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm getting livid at the thought of it.  Anyone advocating for this I pray you don't have daughters. If you are OK with this then you are no better a human being than the man who committed the assaults.  That is not the type of person or team I can follow and cheer for.

You don’t need daughters to advocate women’s rights. We all have mothers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Sounds like its down to us and Washington.....possibly Philly as a dark horse #3.  All I know is that things are gonna get REALLLLY interesting in the next couple days.  I imagine everybody involved wants to get this settled before the start of free agency. 

Lot of things I see about Philly is no one likes Howie Roseman as he is viewed as a snake which I tend to agree.

• Pie 1

Just now, Smittymoose said:

So, nothing. Got it. Like I said…Bye!

You honestly believe he's innocent of all 20+ plus accusations? I guess you believe Epstien was wrongly accused as well. Being rich and famous doesn't allow you to treat anyone like he did. And yes, he's a sexual predator whether he buys his way out of it or not.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:
1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

If He did that crap in college, he comes to Charlotte there’s going to be more coming forward… give it time

Statute of limitations

How long is that?

How did the statute of limitations factor in with Harvey Weinstein?

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

Sounds like its down to us and Washington.....possibly Philly as a dark horse #3.  All I know is that things are gonna get REALLLLY interesting in the next couple days.  I imagine everybody involved wants to get this settled before the start of free agency. 

Philly could make an extremely compelling trade for Watson with only first round picks from this season. They Madden'ed their last draft and have 3 first round picks. If Hurts improves, the Eagles could be a force to reckon with if they hit on even 2 out of 3 of those picks. 

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That’s fair.

I’m sure you hated Kobe and Big Ben as well. The problem is that the sports world forgets as soon you start winning. 

looked how the announcers praised Antonio brown during the late season run for the buccaneers. 

I respect you stepping away from the sport completely if Watson ends up playing again. That’s one step in the right direction in making a statement.

i will say if this is a mental illness for Watson, and he ends up getting treated for it…. Those dark clouds will follow until he gets better. 

I despise any rich a famous person using that to get away with assault on women. I also despise those that condone it in the name of "winning".

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Verge said:

We are definitely front runners and this is definitely coming to an end. 

Why are the Panthers so willing to trade for Watson? This is going to f*ck up the team for the next 5 years at least. And I just can't bring myself to root for a sexual predator. 

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Why are the Panthers so willing to trade for Watson? This is going to f*ck up the team for the next 5 years at least. And I just can't bring myself to root for a sexual predator. 

Times have changed in the NFL.  Teams are absolutely willing to move high draft picks for actual star players they want.  More and more teams are going to start following the Rams GM model - aka "fug Them Picks". 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I don’t want him unless he’s innocent but why does it matter if Panthers fug up next 5 years? Everyone complains about we will suck for next 5, 10, 15 years. But have y’all not seen what we’ve been through for the last 26 going on 27 years? I mean 2 SB years and never back to back winning years. Maybe we should try something to see if we can get out of this funk?

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You honestly believe he's innocent of all 20+ plus accusations? I guess you believe Epstien was wrongly accused as well. Being rich and famous doesn't allow you to treat anyone like he did. And yes, he's a sexual predator whether he buys his way out of it or not.

We don’t decide “innocent.” We decide guilty or not guilty. Liable or not liable.

I honestly believe it doesn’t matter either way because he’s going to be playing like an elite QB for somebody. Might as well be Carolina. 

Do you demand that your mailman be unimpeachable morally? Do you do a background check on your grocery store cashier? Do you demand the legal history of the front desk worker at a hotel?

Why do you feel you need to make moral judgments about football players who have zero impact on your life if you don’t do it for everyone else you interact with on a daily basis?

It’s funny, the same nancies wailing and gnashing their teeth about Watson are probably the same ones claiming black men are overincarcerated and can’t get a second chance. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t want him unless he’s innocent but why does it matter if Panthers fug up next 5 years? Everyone complains about we will suck for next 5, 10, 15 years. But have y’all not seen what we’ve been through for the last 26 going on 27 years? I mean 2 SB years and never back to back winning years. Maybe we should try something to see if we can get out of this funk?

The Panthers are NOT the Rams. They are not a good QB away from winning a Superbowl. The Rams have Sean McVay who turned a dumpster fire franchise that hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years into an instant Superbowl contender. The Panthers have a fraud head coach in Matt Rhule who couldn't even beat a ranked team as a college head coach at a large budget Big 12 school.

Now if the Panthers trade away their next 3 years of first round picks and also a few ascending young players, who replaces them? Free agents? UDFA? This team will be reeling in many other areas. Watson showed in 2020 he couldn't carry a sub-par roster. 

Trading for Watson will be a disaster. Mark my works. I hope it never happens. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm getting livid at the thought of it.  Anyone advocating for this I pray you don't have daughters. If you are OK with this then you are no better a human being than the man who committed the assaults.  That is not the type of person or team I can follow and cheer for.

This is the crap I don’t understand. Why do you even watch the NFL then? There’s 100’s of cases over the years of NFL players doing horrible things. On and off our teams. 

You didn’t watch the Super Bowl? You’re okay with what the Bengal’s RB did to that woman?  You’re okay with OBJ beating a woman? That’s like saying, “I don’t care if someone else beats their wife as long as my son doesn’t.”

Why does your morality stop at the Carolina Panthers? You still support the business that the Panthers are in. Stop with the self-righteous bull crap. Either take your stand for women/people and quit watching/supporting the league or quit acting like your some great person that has morals that will stop you from supporting the Panthers. 

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The Panthers are NOT the Rams. They are not a good QB away from winning a Superbowl. The Rams have Sean McVay who turned a dumpster fire franchise that hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years into an instant Superbowl contender. The Panthers have a fraud head coach in Matt Rhule who couldn't even beat a ranked team as a college head coach at a large budget Big 12 school.

Now if the Panthers trade away their next 3 years of first round picks and also a few ascending young players, who replaces them? Free agents? UDFA? This team will be reeling in many other areas. Watson showed in 2020 he couldn't carry a sub-par roster. 

Trading for Watson will be a disaster. Mark my works. I hope it never happens. 

Ok whatever not going to be upset if it does, at least they trying something because trotting out Teddy who couldn’t hardly throw 10 yds, Darnold who just looks scared or an old Cam ain’t working. So…….