• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson won't face criminal charges

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Then she should've had the guts not to bring it before the grand jury. This was a cop out. "Oh look public and media, I tried." 

Yes, she knows she's highly unlikely to get a conviction but she punted in front of the grand jury so that she could still claim that she tried to seek justice when anyone who knows anything about the grand jury system knows that a prosecutor has to go in front of the GJ with the intention of not securing an indictment in order to actually not secure an indictment.

Oh right, she should definitely take the ridiculous onslaught of media heat for exercising prosecutorial discretion on this case. The public lynch mob, as you're proving, doesn't care about facts or what's right. They can only tolerate the result they want to see. I don't blame her one bit for using the grand jury as a cop out. Any non-stupid person would have done the same exact thing in her situation. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Verge said:

Don't be so sure. We are front runners. 

But will he waive his no trade clause to come here? What has changed to make us a better destination than when his options were more limited with potential charges hanging over his head yet he wouldn't waive the clause then? If anything, we're a WORSE destination now.

• Pie 1

But will he waive his no trade clause to come here? What has changed to make us a better destination than when his options were more limited with potential charges hanging over his head yet he wouldn't waive the clause then? If anything, we're a WORSE destination now.

Exactly.  There is no way she knows the other teams interested, or their potential offers or more importantly if he would even come here. 

Just now, Smittymoose said:

Oh right, she should definitely take the ridiculous onslaught of media heat for exercising prosecutorial discretion on this case. The public lynch mob, as you're proving, doesn't care about facts or what's right. They can only tolerate the result they want to see. I don't blame her one bit for using the grand jury as a cop out. Any non-stupid person would have done the same exact thing in her situation. 

All you have to say is that you don't understand how the grand jury system works. That's okay. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We are only a worse destination on the doom and gloom huddle. Getting a franchise QB cures all ills. We are better built to win than Seattle. It’s either us or Philly imo 

• Pie 1

All you have to say is that you don't understand how the grand jury system works. That's okay. 

Oh trust me, I understand it much better than you. I can be quite certain of that.

What do you think I don't understand about it, exactly? Could you pinpoint the issue for me? 

• Pie 1

I’m sure Watson is just itching to play foran elite salary making coach like Matt Rhule. Hell, seeing that preview of Rhule wrongly blaming Cam for a play during a post game interview is probably so enticing that he’s begging for the chance to experience that lack of support himself. Not to mention, having to deal with that awesome part of the Carolina fan base that would tell you they still would prefer Sam freaking Darnold over him because……… well………..reasons.

• Pie 2