• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maybe I was wrong about KENNY PICKETT after reading these evaluations.

Panthers Rhule

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Not a starter for 3 years  at Ohio state played in 10 games 3 years non as the starter..... "Transferred " to LSU 1st years as a true starter 16td 5ints + 7 rushing TDs in 13 games (better then 4 years of Pickett) then the blow up 67 td season...

Not the same as being the true starter for 4 years and being bad...

Also let's not look past the point you are putting your Hope's on 1 situation where a 1 year wonder at QB worked out..

If that is the strategy then let's draft a 6th round QB and hope he is Brady ..

Yes, not a 4 year starter. You do realize that's worse, right? Couldn't win the job for most of their time. 

Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Fhules Gold. One good year out of five in the NFL gets folks fired.

The argument against Pickett is he lacks consistency. Had he had two or three great years I could see all the hubub but he's never even topped 67%completion in five year career. That inconsistency won't cut it in the NFL and a dumb bottom feeding franchise will fall for the one year wonder.

5 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I think it's funny that the best reason anyone seems to have for not drafting Pickett is that he didn't dominate the ACC every year he played. At least critique his last season as that's the only one which matters. I guess Drew Brees sucked because his first years in the NFL he wasn't that good. Tom Brady sucked because he didn't even play a full season at Michigan. C'mon y'all. It's what have you done for me lately that matters most. 

Friday GIF

I know it's crazy for any team investing a top 10 pick and millions of dollars into a player to expect him to be good for more then 1 season.. Like most teams in NFL history drafting a qb that high would want..

Its crazy to want a top 10 pick to be more consistent in College then Will Grier.. 

Yeah you're right..smh

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I know it's crazy for any team investing a top 10 pick and millions of dollars into a player to expect him to be good for more then 1 season.. Like most teams in NFL history drafting a qb that high would want..

Its crazy to want a top 10 pick to be more consistent in College then Will Grier.. 

Yeah you're right..smh

Tell me the last QB drafted who WAS good for more than 1 season, please. Again, no facts just regurgitated opinion about 1 year success. That's weak. and smh to you too whatever that means. Go read some evaluations and find a new reason to not draft Pickett please. The one season argument is almost as old as it is dumb. 

Breaking News Media GIF by Katie Couric

Edited by Panthers Rhule

I'm not so bothered by Pickett's small hands.  I wish they were bigger but he played fine with them at Pittsburgh.   And his arm strength is no problem either.  He showed at the Combine that he can make all the required throws.  

Even so I still think Pickett would do best playing in a domed stadium.   Saints or Falcons would be the perfect environment for him.  No worries about weather or wind.  Just play.  

For the Panthers, one additional point has to do with Rhule as the head coach.  If he gets canned in 2022, the new coach will undoubtably want his own QB.  He may or may not want to go with Pickett.  So there's even more risk with selecting Pickett given the coaching instability. 

That risk doesn't exist for picking a starting LT, who every coach would want to keep.  

Edited by BlitzMonster

7 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yes, not a 4 year starter. You do realize that's worse, right? Couldn't win the job for most of their time. 

Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Laughing...... Cam couldn't win the job over The Golden Calf of Bristol .. Brady couldn't beat put Drew Henson at Michigan...Do you see how stupid the point you made was?? Brady 

Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I'm not so bothered by Pickett's small hands.  I wish they were bigger but he played fine with them at Pittsburgh.   And his arm strength is no problem either.  He showed at the Combine that he can make all the required throws.  

Even so I still think Pickett would do best playing in a domed stadium.   Saints or Falcons would be the perfect environment for him.  No worries about weather or wind.  Just play.  

For the Panthers, one additional point has to do with Rhule as the head coach.  If he gets canned in 2022, the new coach will undoubtably want his own QB.  He may or may not want to go with Pickett.  So there's even more risk with selecting Pickett given the coaching instability. 

That risk doesn't exist for picking a starting LT, who every coach would want to keep.  

Yeah, let the Falcons draft poor man's Matt Ryan. Very poor man's. Matt Ryan almost singlehandedly made BC relevant during his college days. That team sucked but he carried them.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Laughing...... Cam could win the job over The Golden Calf of Bristol .. Brady couldn't beat put Drew Henson at Michigan...Do you see how stupid the point you made was?? Brady 

No dude, I was making fun of your point. The whole conversation started from a dumb point. How many good years did Cam have again before his last season which wasn't as good as Pickets? Math sucks I know

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Trevor Lawrence, Watson , Jackson I could keep going..

Hmm, how are they doing right now? That what, 3 in 5 or 6 years? Not a lot now is it considering how many QBs have been drafted. But thanks for proving my point. 

It doesn't matter!!!

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

Edited by Panthers Rhule

Just now, Panthers Rhule said:

No dude, I was making fun of your point. The whole conversation started from a dumb point. How many good years did Cam have again before his last season which wasn't as good as Pickets? Math sucks I know

Cam won a national championship at Blinn College are we just going to neglect that happened now??

And that's still not the same as being giving the opportunity for "4 years" to be good and players who didn't and blew up the only year they had a opportunity to..