• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There should be no issue with Watson waiving his trade clause per ESPN.

NCTHFL0567

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yea I'll go ahead and put my name down on record.  This trade is pants on head retarded for the Panthers.  I'll gladly eat my words but hopefully this never goes through and he gets traded elsewhere.  This would be a tremendous mistake for the franchise.  Deshaun hasn't won anything in this league because he can't do it by himself.  He will not fare any better here than in Houston.  And he will make things bad in the future when Rhule gets fired and Watson demands to be placated by the head coach selection who will have 0 first day draft picks.  Just bad all around.

I agree

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

“An issue with having the clause waived is not anticipated, the source said.”

This may sound like some crazy line of thinking…but…if there is no issue why is it not already waived?

I assume that he hasn't waived it so that he could retain control over where he goes. If he waves prior to agreeing to a new deal, I believe Houston could trade him to whomever.

• Beer 1

This trade would be the epitome of the “I want it and I want it now” mindset. This trade, in no way, is good for the long term Panthers. You simply cannot build a team giving up this much for one player when you don’t have the other pieces already in place.

The Rams had those players in place before the Stafford trade, which is why it worked. The Panthers have no players in place and very little cap space to build around Watson. While this trade may provide the Panthers with an exciting QB, the seasons going forward will be much like Houston’s last season with Watson at the helm: some highlight reels but a poo record. 

Edited by Bama Panther
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 2

29 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I assume that he hasn't waived it so that he could retain control over where he goes. If he waves prior to agreeing to a new deal, I believe Houston could trade him to whomever.

Who is this source reporting he'll waive it? Rhule telling Tepper that so he won't get fired? Oh yeah me and Watson, great pals go way back

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Who is this source reporting he'll waive it? Rhule telling Tepper that so he won't get fired? Oh yeah me and Watson, great pals go way back

What, I don't care who the source is and didn't say anything about the source, but in order for him to get traded, he'd have to waive his no trade clause. 

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The article is pretty optimisitic, and we just restructured another contract moments ago. If there is a  player involved in the trade from our side, we dont need to move any more money around . 

The Panthers, with only about $31 million in cap space and only about $13 million to use toward free agency, can create enough space to make that work.

How do we have 31 mil in space, but only 13 mil to use? With the two picks we have in this draft that’s not gonna cost us that much space. Clearly 

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

The Carolina Panthers will make an "aggressive" offer for Deshaun Watson as soon as the Houston quarterback waives his no-trade clause for them to negotiate with the Texans, a league source told ESPN.

What a bunch of steaming bovine dung 🤦‍♂️

Texans and Panthers can negotiate to their hearts content regardless of the status of Whip-It-Out's stance on any given team as it goes to the no-trade provision...

...can't conclude a deal until he agrees, but they can dam sure pre-negotiate one.

I believe Whip-It-Out's agent, who is desperate, has been conducting shadow negotiations with any team that will listen...and then leaking anything and everything to a laughably compliant press 🤦‍♂️