• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign DE Marquis Haynes

Zod

9 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Haynes basically plays stand up edge/OLB in odd fronts. He won't really be used like Fox (That more YGM's role).  I see him replacing Luvu on passing downs as a rotational piece. We will see how much he plays depending on who else we can bring in and if we trade away any other players (ie-Burns). Its a good signing IMO.

I think you're right. I'll take YGM over Fox any day of the week.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Zod said:

I've always liked him. Reminds me of a smaller Mario Addison. All motor.

Mario Addison was a poor man's edge rusher.  Haynes is a poor man's Mario Addison.  So he's a poor man's--->poor man's edge rusher.  Major score!  Fug this front office.

Edited by 45catfan

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Mario Addison was a poor man's edge rusher.  Haynes is a poor man's Mario Addison.  So he's a poor man's--->poor man's edge rusher.  Major score!  Fug this front office.

Lol. He signed a contract to be a rotational player. He is a good rotational player.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Lol. He signed a contract to be a rotational player. He is a good rotational player.

He should have been gone was my point.  You hang on to a Mario Addison, You don't hang on to a Marquis Haynes. Great, we scored a DE 4 or DE 5.  Break out the bubbly!!! 

22 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He should have been gone was my point.  You hang on to a Mario Addison, You don't hang on to a Marquis Haynes. Great, we scored a DE 4 or DE 5.  Break out the bubbly!!! 

I mean....we can't get rid of everyone. It's not like we have other guys to replace him, money to spend replacing him or draft picks to spend replacing him.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....we can't get rid of everyone. It's not like we have other guys to replace him, money to spend replacing him or draft picks to spend replacing him.

I mean, we could have used Ian Thomas' money.  That's my main gripe, the players we hang on to makes little sense and the money we paid them can collectively go towards at least a  marginal upgrade.  I've been trying to kick both of these guys to the curb for at least two years now and what does Rhule/co do? Hand out new contracts, the LAST THING I would have done.

Edited by 45catfan

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I mean, we could have used Ian Thomas' money.  That's my main gripe, the players we hang on to makes little sense and the money we paid them can collectively go towards at least a  marginal upgrade.  I've been trying to kick both of these guys to the curb for at least two years now and what does Rhule/co do? Hand out new contracts, the LAST THING I would have done.

Yeah, I get it. Haynes is not a bad contract, IMO. 

There are so many worse than that, unfortunately.

• Pie 1