• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I vaguely remember Kilmer and Jurgenson. Pretty sure Jurgenson was nearing the end of his career when I started watching. Kilmer was around a little longer.

I'm dating myself too.

I remember the name Billy Kilmer, but I can't remember Kilmer taking snaps for the Redskins. I do remember the guy who replaced him extremely well, Joe Theisman. I can remember pretty much everything in the NFL from 1979 to present day. Baseball was my first love as a kid. My baseball memories go back to the 1977-1978 seasons (Yankees beat the Dodgers in back to back World Series) The Pirates and Steelers both won titles for Pittsburgh in 1979. The 1979 season in both sports was the year I really started following both sports from beginning to end.

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

That's not what they are saying dummy. 

They are saying QBs that are predominant  runners because they are poor to.mediocre passers.

Mike Vick was more runner than passer.

Russ Wilson is more passer than runners.

You are confusing guys that can run with guys who have to run.

Easy now Boomer. He was referring to Lamar Jackson originally who is definitely more than a one read QB. No one is wanting to draft a QB like Willis and use him primarily as a runner.  He has the strongest arm in this class AND the ability to avoid pressure/extend plays with his legs. 
If you are talking about one read QBs that run not winning Super Bowls it’s a pretty dumb comment as well. They don’t last in the NFL. QBs (especially former MVPs) like Lamar are a different animal that can beat you with their legs or their arms. Mike Vick just couldn’t stay healthy because he never wanted to slide and had a smaller frame, but even he developed as a passer with Reid and the Eagles. He averaged 250 passing yards a gave in 2011. Defenses are too good to allow that by a one read runner. 

• Pie 1

Just now, SCO96 said:

I'm dating myself too.

I remember the name Billy Kilmer, but I can't remember Kilmer taking snaps for the Redskins. I do remember the guy who replaced him extremely well, Joe Theisman. I can remember pretty much everything in the NFL from 1979 to present day. Baseball was my first love as a kid. My baseball memories go back to the 1977-1978 seasons (Yankees beat the Dodgers in back to back World Series) The Pirates and Steelers both won titles for Pittsburgh in 1979. The 1979 season in both sports was the year I really started following both sports from beginning to end.

Aaahhh, Theisman. Total dick but he sure could pass 😆

I was watching when LT broke his leg. Yikes 😬

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Easy now Boomer. He was referring to Lamar Jackson originally who is definitely more than a one read QB. No one is wanting to draft a QB like Willis and use him primarily as a runner.  He has the strongest arm in this class AND the ability to avoid pressure/extend plays with his legs. 
If you are talking about one read QBs that run not winning Super Bowls it’s a pretty dumb comment as well. They don’t last in the NFL. QBs (especially former MVPs) like Lamar are a different animal that can beat you with their legs or their arms. Mike Vick just couldn’t stay healthy because he never wanted to slide and had a smaller frame, but even he developed as a passer with Reid and the Eagles. He averaged 250 passing yards a gave in 2011. Defenses are too good to allow that by a one read runner. 

for all of his skill as a runner he takes sacks at an alarming rate, that is somewhat concerning though

2 hours ago, The Huddler said:

For the record Willis isn't even CLOSE to Vick in terms of athletic ability and rushing 

Don't get me wrong Willis is very mobile and can break tackles

but to this day looking at some old vick highlights WOW that guy was an alien

There's a play where he made Peppers look mortal - just juked him out of his shoes. 

Just now, AU-panther said:

for all of his skill as a runner he takes sacks at an alarming rate, that is somewhat concerning though

Look into Liberty’s OL. It was as bad as UNC’s the past year. Willis was playing hero ball which means he will have some bad habits and take some coaching to correct. He will take some work but has some skills that aren’t coachable like his arm strength. I think of him as this year’s Trey Lance and Pickett is more if the Pro Ready Mac Jones. Both have benefits and weaknesses. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

There’s a lot of talk that no one was going to supplant Nix regardless of how good they were.

Nix is a legacy child, his dad was the starting QB at Auburn and his family has a lot of influence in that community.

On the other hand, Malzahn and Freeze are very good friends, it’s thought that he was steered to Liberty because of the connection.

Bo Nix... the QB that transferred to Oregon?

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Odd as it sounds, statistically speaking quarterbacks that run a lot tend to take more sacks.

I remember back when Vick was playing he often either led the league in sacks taken or at least was near the top.

I just got had a chance to watch a bit of ESPN on my lunch break. Their so-called draft guru Mel Kiper shows once again why he's no better than my fellow Huddlers when it comes to draft predictions. He's got Pickett going to NO at 18, Willis going to PIT at 20, and Matt Corrall going to Detroit at 32.

I don't think a person on this board believes things will go down like that. I doubt Pickett and Willis make it past 12 if we don't take one of them at 6. I'd be surprised if Corrall lasts that long, although I do believe he'll be the third QB taken in this draft. 

Thoughts?

• Beer 1

Just now, SCO96 said:

I just got had a chance to watch a bit of ESPN on my lunch break. Their so-called draft guru Mel Kiper shows once again why he's no better than my fellow Huddlers when it comes to draft predictions. He's got Pickett going to NO at 18, Willis going to PIT at 20, and Matt Corrall going to Detroit at 32.

I don't think a person on this board believes things will go down like that. I doubt Pickett and Willis make it past 12 if we don't take one of them at 6. I'd be surprised if Corrall lasts that long, although I do believe he'll be the third QB taken in this draft. 

Thoughts?

Who in the hell is Mel Kiper?

1385594760001-126559.JPG?width=960&heigh

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Thoughts?

Kiper is so bad at his one job it's crazy. That's ESPN for you though, David Newton has survived like 400 layoffs

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Bo Nix... the QB that transferred to Oregon?

Yeah Harsin has that program ruined.  Half of the players transferred because he is apparently an asshole.  The university actually looked into it openly and he nearly lost his job during the signing person.  I think his OC and DC left as well, one took a lateral job and the other just resigned.