• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

Such a Lions thing to do. You know this whole thing could just be a smoke screen by the Panthers. If they can get one of the guys in the top five to take Willis or Pickett then one of the tackles falls to them.

I'm pretty firm on wanting one of those big tackles in this year's draft.

Kinda doubt anybody's pro day is gonna move me off that stance.

(I'm definitely not alone in this either)

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Person just said he completed 64/69 pass attempts??  I'd love to have Trey Lance.  Kyle traded 3 firsts to get him...

I was able to watch the whole thing, most of the intermediate and short throws were either behind the receiver, too low or too high. Without exaggerating for effect, the noticeable majority were off the money. 

I’m not sure who his qb coach was that was running the drill but it seemed far too casual and nowhere near locked in. Kind of childish and not sure I would trust it to lead an organization of grown  men

That’s just the impression I got

Edited by Jorgie
Typo
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm pretty firm on wanting one of those big tackles in this year's draft.

Kinda doubt anybody's pro day is gonna move me off that stance.

(I'm definitely not alone in this either)

If the Panthers are creating a smokescreen that means that they cannot pick up a free agent quarterback before the draft in order to sell it. If they got Evan Neal I think I’ll be over the moon.

Hes not as fast as advertised either.  theres a reason he didnt run any 40s.  it would be underwhelming.

dude makes some great highlight reel plays with his legs but teuthfully hea playing against a bunch of scrubs. You look faster and more athletic vs a bunch of scrubs.  He wasn't playing in the SEC

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

If the Panthers are creating a smokescreen that means that they cannot pick up a free agent quarterback before the draft in order to sell it. If they got Evan Neal I think I’ll be over the moon.

We were in on La'el Collins and there's chatter that we've talked to Duane Brown.

It's possible they could have a deal in principle with some team or player but might not actually finalize it until after the draft. That'd be smart because then nobody would be clued in to what we're taking.

• Pie 1

to be clear, if the panthers take him at 6, then ill be stoked. That means they think he has what it takes in his head. 

until then i cant help but to be skeptical, and a great pro day did wow me, but it does nothing to address my concerns. 

every QB in this class has legit concerns 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2