• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel kiper's top 5 QBs

micnificent28

13 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean if you look at any draft evaluator anywhere nobody hits 100%. He's no less creditable than anyone else. Coming out of highschool Clausen was the number 1 player period. I guess everyone was wrong on him.

Kiper's statement was leading up to Clausen being drafted into the NFL, not coming out of high school. It's one thing to not "hit" on a particular evaluation. It's another to stake one's career as an NFL draft analyst on the success of a player.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, emcannon said:

Kiper's statement was leading up to Clausen being drafted into the NFL, not coming out of high school. It's one thing to not "hit" on a particular evaluation. It's another to stake one's career as an NFL draft analyst on the success of a player.

Clausen wasn't even good enough to become a career journeyman/backup. If it wasn't for this being a Panther website that I frequent I would have forgotten all about him...like the rest of the NFL fans already have.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Nobody had Lamar jackson high. Everyone saw him as a play wr guy. 

I'm not sure why you're taking up for Mel so ardently here, but his track record of predicting QB success is spotty enough to make me take his lists with a grain of salt. Not to mention his mock drafts are typically blown up after the 2nd pick.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

I'm not sure why you're taking up for Mel so ardently here, but his track record of predicting QB success is spotty enough to make me take his lists with a grain of salt. Not to mention his mock drafts are typically blown up after the 2nd pick.

Because most people are illogical. I think it's hard being the first to really start doing this and remain relevant. People want a mock draft where you can't predict who will trade and what people are talking about behind closed doors non the less know how teams rank certain players... it's impossible. Not to mention your doing a mock based just on where teams are at and are picking. 

Espn tell you do a mock draft no trades. One trade blows up the whole mock. It's like predicting a perfect March madness bracket. Nearly impossible 

Edited by micnificent28

Just now, micnificent28 said:

Because most people are illogical. I think it's hard being the first to really start doing this and remain relevant. People want a mock draft where you can't predict who will trade and what peopl3 are talking about behind closed doors non the less know how teams rank certain players... it's impossible. 

BTW, I'm not saying Kiper's evaluation on 2022 QBs is wrong. I'm just saying his track record would indicate it likely is.

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Because most people are illogical. I think it's hard being the first to really start doing this and remain relevant. People want a mock draft where you can't predict who will trade and what peopl3 are talking about behind closed doors non the less know how teams rank certain players... it's impossible. 

It is very difficult. And somehow he has managed to maintain an interest and intrigue into what he has to say, so kudos to him for that. I just don't set my clocks by what he says, ya feel?

54 minutes ago, emcannon said:

"If Jimmy Clausen is not a successful quarterback in the NFL, I'm done. That's it. I'm out." -Mel Kiper, 2010

He has no credibility on QBs.

He never had much credibility, he was just the first draft guy that existed on the draft network, so he became a name. 

Way more people with way more credibility than he has now. People with actual football background.

Would anyone be down with just, like, typing, posting “Gardner Minshew” from time to time? Just like wherever, whenever you feel it, just get it out there for the panther gods more often. Or even just thinking about him in your head when you have time. Good for the soul. Good karma. #raisegardnerminshewawareness