• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants open to trade

Mr. Scot

This definitely makes sense for the Giants though if they're sticking with Jones. The Panthers are showing every signs of taking a QB at #6 so everyone later in the draft knows they probably have to leapfrog us to have their pick of the QBs. That makes #5 pretty appealing. I could definitely see a team like the Falcons jumping on that.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

And they would hang up immediately and never do business with you again.

6 overall and a 2023 1st rounder is not even close in value to 5 and 7 overall this year. And no Robby Anderson being added would not move the needle whatsoever either.

Know how I know you didn't read the report?

The Giants have multiple reasons for doing this, including financial considerations.

Plus I kind of doubt that Joe Schoen is gonna just hang up on an old friend like Dan Morgan and tell him to never call again.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I agree with that. I think it's just a pretty typical QB class that everyone perceives as weak because it comes the year after a perceived extremely strong QB class.

The possibility that other teams might jump on the offer and trade ahead of us is an additional reason for us to look into it.

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

6 overall and a 2023 1st rounder is not even close in value to 5 and 7 overall this year. And no Robbie Anderson being added would not move the needle whatsoever either.

Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL Draft Trade Value Chart (caveat: not every team uses the same chart. Example for illustrations purposes only with a publicly available chart)

#6 = 2092, #5 = 2184, # 7= 2014

Difference is 2,106 which is between the #5 and #6. Future picks are valued by each team a little differently. I've read where some teams give half point value at the middle of the first round. Yeah, it's going to take ALOT more than #6 (edit: and next year's 1st rounder) to get #5 and #7.

Edited by trueblade
punctuation

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL Draft Trade Value Chart (caveat: not every team uses the same chart. Example for illustrations purposes only with a publicly available chart)

#6 = 2092, #5 = 2184, # 7= 2014

Difference is 2,106 which is between the #5 and #6. Future picks are valued by each team a little differently. I've read where some teams give half point value at the middle of the first round. Yeah, it's going to take ALOT more than #6 to get #5 and #7

Some teams don't use that kind of chart at all, but you can negotiate the package.

And again, I think negotiations being between two friends and former colleagues does make a difference.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I agree with that. I think it's just a pretty typical QB class that everyone perceives as weak because it comes the year after a perceived extremely strong QB class.

I wish Howells pro day wasn’t closer to the others. 
Really want him to do well. Hope the Panthers are there in force but I have a feeling that they won’t be. Unless being close by makes a difference. 
Seems like everyone has forgotten him. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Know how I know you didn't read the report?

The Giants have multiple reasons for doing this, including financial considerations.

Plus I kind of doubt that Joe Schoen is gonna just hang up on an old friend like Dan Morgan and tell him to never call again.

But specifically that trade. #6 and next year's 1st for #5 and #7? That ain't gonna happen. Future draft picks are generally valued as the last pick in the round so next year's 1st has roughly the same value as the #32 overall pick in this year's draft. You definitely couldn't get #5 and #7 for #6 and #32.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But specifically that trade. #6 and next year's 1st for #5 and #7? That ain't gonna happen. Future draft picks are generally valued as the last pick in the round so next year's 1st has roughly the same value as the #32 overall pick in this year's draft. You definitely couldn't get #5 and #7 for #6 and #32.

See above.

Plus throw in that the Giants are wanting that next year's pick for a reason.

Edited by Mr. Scot

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The report says they're open to trading either of this year's firsts for a first next year. I'm just suggesting an add-on.

I'd also suggest having Dan Morgan be the one that makes the call.

Lol tells you all you need to know how poo this draft is compared to next years

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

6 overall and a 2023 1st rounder is not even close in value to 5 and 7 overall this year. And no Robby Anderson being added would not move the needle whatsoever either.

Yea probably have to throw it a second, but I’d remember 1 a pick in next draft is worth more just because of the class and 2 it’s the panthers who will have a low graded rookie or Darnold - I’d place a bet right now that pick will easily be in the top half of the draft