• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants open to trade

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Personally, I'd call them to offer this year's #6 and next year's first for their two first rounders this year.

Take a QB and an OL or two top OL and call it a day.

If they’d do that then yes. But why would they do that? Aren’t both of their 1sts top 10? There’s a risk they downgrade…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

If they’d do that then yes. But why would they do that? Aren’t both of their 1sts top 10? There’s a risk they downgrade…

The report says they're open to trading either of this year's firsts for a first next year. I'm just suggesting an add-on.

I'd also suggest having Dan Morgan be the one that makes the call.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The report says they're open to trading either of this year's firsts for a first next year.

I'm just suggesting an add-on.

The specific wording says they would trade it for a "package" that includes a first next year. They aren't letting it go for a first alone.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Personally, I'd call them to offer this year's #6 and next year's first for their two first rounders this year.

I'm quite leery of trading future 1st round picks. We have a brutal schedule and a bunch of new coaches and players trying to gel into a team. A top 10 pick in the 2023 draft is well within the range of outcomes for the Panthers with prospects like CJ Stroud for Bryce Young who are considered superior to this year's class by many of the reports I've read.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

The specific wording says they would trade it for a "package" that includes a first next year. They aren't letting it go for a first alone.

What I suggested constitutes a package, but I'd throw in a player like Robby Anderson with no trouble.

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm quite leery of trading future 1st round picks. We have a brutal schedule and a bunch of new coaches and players trying to gel into a team. A top 10 pick in the 2023 draft is well within the range of outcomes for the Panthers with prospects like CJ Stroud for Bryce Young who are considered superior to this year's class by many of the reports I've read.

I think they're taking a quarterback this year.

If they do, I'd like to be able to do so without missing out on one of those linemen.

But also imagine for a moment that they took, say, Charles Cross at five and Tyler Linderbaum at seven. You could then move Bozeman to guard and have as strong a line as any in the league.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No way we give up next year’s first. It’s a good QB class and we’ll prob need the pick.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

No way we give up next year’s first. It’s a good QB class and we’ll prob need the pick.

See above.

If they're set on taking a quarterback this year (and I think they are) then I want a way to also add some help.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above.

If they're set on taking a quarterback this year (and I think they are) then I want a way to also add some help.

I get it, but taking a QB this year is a huge gamble with a low chance of success.

Im ok taking Pickles, but we need that #1 pick next year for Cam.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And they would hang up immediately and never do business with you again.

6 overall and a 2023 1st rounder is not even close in value to 5 and 7 overall this year. And no Robby Anderson being added would not move the needle whatsoever either.

Edited by t96

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah... no. If I'm Tepper I'm absolutely taking trading next year's 1st off the table for this crew.

• Pie 7