• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

7 minutes ago, stirs said:

Not sure.  Especially this year.  All 3 QB's could be there when we pick

I think one will be gone by panthers 6th. Giants should be in the market for a QB, who knows if they believe one of the remaining QBs is worth the 5th.....that also could be a great trade spot for a team that feels the panthers are center sun hot for pickett/willis/corral. 2 *could be picked before 6th, its not insane thinking now....

If you asked me about where QBs were going months ago, I thought it was a struggle to have more than one in the mid-late range(and that team is stoopid). Now is what you see above. 

Edited by Basbear

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the same brain rot that has convinced everyone this QB class is terrible has also convinced everyone that this OT class is particularly exceptional. Neal has all the measurables you could ever want but isn't considered the slam dunk #1 OT available for a reason. Ekwonu is a terrific run blocker but his ability to take on NFL speed rushers off the edge is a question. There are questions about Cross's physicality at the NFL level.

Honestly, I think both these OT and QB classes are fairly typical. Some good prospects but no slam dunks among them.

Penning?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure bit on the whole the nfl is pretty dialed in qb wise on what's coming down the pike

Opposite can happen as well, Howell was thought of as the easy 1st overall among many... As a group the NFL is much better, but no one can predict the future thus far...weak teams are much better at drafting than 10 years ago. Theres far less 6th/late round players that turn into elites. 

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the same brain rot that has convinced everyone this QB class is terrible has also convinced everyone that this OT class is particularly exceptional. Neal has all the measurables you could ever want but isn't considered the slam dunk #1 OT available for a reason. Ekwonu is a terrific run blocker but his ability to take on NFL speed rushers off the edge is a question. There are questions about Cross's physicality at the NFL level.

Honestly, I think both these OT and QB classes are fairly typical. Some good prospects but no slam dunks among them.

That’s fair. But we aren’t going to have a great QB next year regardless. Whether it’s Darnold or a rookie. The best thing we can do is sure up the left side of our line. Which, pretty much all Panthers fans agree, was as big of a reason we lost as any last season