• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

8 hours ago, Zod said:

Maybe. I think the Panthers may prefer taking Corral and getting a second and third rounder with the trade back 

Sources Tell Us

"He doesn't have the physical advantages that (Pitt QB Kenny) Pickett or (Liberty QB Malik) Willis have but he's a better pure quarterback than either of them." -- Director of scouting for AFC team

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/matt-corral/3200434f-5264-4234-3a2e-d0d8c1f80e47

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I really like the prospect of trading back and picking up a second, but I'm almost certain if we do, we aren't getting Willis.

So, I'm torn.  On one hand, it seems like an easy decision, because if we trade back, I'm cool with taking Corral and drafting a OL or edge in the second and feel like we just made out like bandits...  but in the other hand, I feel like if Willis figures it out in the pros, you can use him in so many different ways and is much more dynamic, so if we were able to draft him, he has the highest ceiling and purest superstar potential out of the QBs.  

It's a tough dilemma.  If we were in the Top 3, I 2ouldnt hesitate to trade back to 7-ish and feel confident we'd get that 2nd rounder and still get Willis.  Trading back from 6, I just don't see us getting him.  I like Corral as a pure passer - great arm, beautiful release, and he is no doubt athletic, but he is also extremely slight and I dont trust his durability at all...  he won't present the problems and dynamism that Willis does.

FYI to all about these QB measureables:

• Coral is 6' 1.5" and 212 lbs. 
  • Pickett is 6'3" 217 lbs.
  • Willis is 6' 0.5" 219 lbs.

Robert Griffin was considered a bit frail.  he was 6' 2.5" and 223 lbs.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
Sources Tell Us

"He doesn't have the physical advantages that (Pitt QB Kenny) Pickett or (Liberty QB Malik) Willis have but he's a better pure quarterback than either of them." -- Director of scouting for AFC team

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/matt-corral/3200434f-5264-4234-3a2e-d0d8c1f80e47

What physical advantages does Pickett have on Corral? 1 inch of height and 5 pounds? I don’t think he is faster or has a stronger arm…

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You may not be high on them, but they apparently have 3 with first round grades. Is a first round graded QB worth the 6th pick? I guess it depends on how high of a first round grade they have on them. I think this class is fine, just missing the number one overall prospect in a Andrew Luck, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence. If it had one of those it was be on par with any average class. Since we aren’t picking 1st and I don’t want Rhule trading away any future picks it’s really in our favor there is no top pick or the Jags would probably fleece us for it. I like Willis, Pickett, Corral, and Howell as QB prospects. Do they have weaknesses? Yeah, so do most draft picks. Even this “great” OL class has plenty of weaknesses. No one still knows who the Jags are picking at 1 because there isn’t a “perfect” prospect in this draft. 
Drafting a QB will make this season more intriguing and prevent Rhule from screwing over the new coach next year by trading away capital for one or spending next year’s money to extend one we trade for in Jimmy G or Mayfield. A rookie QB is cheap and can be easily replaced if our new staff isn’t impressed. It’s a win/win in my book. Damage control plus not having to suffer another season of Darnold with no competition. 

I don't think there are even more than maybe two potential NFL starting quality QB's(Corrall and Pickett). And they are probably Andy Dalton quality NFL starters as their extreme upper limit. Could be wrong but it's not an accident that this class is almost universally viewed as bad.

The fact that Rhule disagrees just reminds me of what these idiots thought of Sam Darnold or Teddy Bridgewater or Rashawn Slater or Cameron Erving or Pat Elflein or any number of other extremely fuging obvious boneheaded takes that we should be accustomed to.

I could give the slightest poo about this season being "intriguing." I just don't want another obviously stupid decisions, which I think most of us realize is really, really hard given the braintrust in place currently.

Ideally, we stay at 6, draft a relatively no brainer pick(DE or OT) and we just wait after this season for Rhule to get canned and hope Tepper isn't as stupid as he outwardly seems. Maybe then we can get some adults in the building with real NFL experience to start plugging all these holes in the hull of this sinking ship.

The things I definitely don't want to see are:

1. Draft ANY of these QB's at 6.

2. Trade down into the first with a high caliber prospect like Neal, Ekwonu, Hutchinson or Thibodeaux on the board still.

3. Some random insane pick at 6 that I can't fathom because I don't have the Marty Hurney eye for talent that only he can see that Rhule also possesses.

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean if you aren't picking Willis who is a top 10 lock. These guys are pretty much meh or the same. I don't see the value of passing on Willis or a top flight LT just to take a meh Corral and possibility another Greg little. Could these guys turn out to be good? Sure. But the further down you go the greater the risk of a prospect busting.

Willis is mid

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

FYI to all about these QB measureables:

• Coral is 6' 1.5" and 212 lbs. 
  • Pickett is 6'3" 217 lbs.
  • Willis is 6' 0.5" 219 lbs.

Robert Griffin was considered a bit frail.  he was 6' 2.5" and 223 lbs.

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are both small guys and HOF caliber players. 

Small doesn't always matter if you don't take a lot of bad hits. 

I think size is the absolute least thing to worry about with any of these QB's.

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think there are even more than maybe two potential NFL starting quality QB's(Corrall and Pickett). And they are probably Andy Dalton quality NFL starters as their extreme upper limit. Could be wrong but it's not an accident that this class is almost universally viewed as bad.

The fact that Rhule disagrees just reminds me of what these idiots thought of Sam Darnold or Teddy Bridgewater or Rashawn Slater or Cameron Erving or Pat Elflein or any number of other extremely fuging obvious boneheaded takes that we should be accustomed to.

I could give the slightest poo about this season being "intriguing." I just don't want another obviously stupid decisions, which I think most of us realize is really, really hard given the braintrust in place currently.

Ideally, we stay at 6, draft a relatively no brainer pick(DE or OT) and we just wait after this season for Rhule to get canned and hope Tepper isn't as stupid as he outwardly seems. Maybe then we can get some adults in the building with real NFL experience to start plugging all these holes in the hull of this sinking ship.

The things I definitely don't want to see are:

1. Draft ANY of these QB's at 6.

2. Trade down into the first with a high caliber prospect like Neal, Ekwonu, Hutchinson or Thibodeaux on the board still.

3. Some random insane pick at 6 that I can't fathom because I don't have the Marty Hurney eye for talent that only he can see that Rhule also possesses.

The fact still remains Rhule is on the hot seat and is not going to roll out with Sam and PJ again after last year. If he grabs a OT or DE he is going to do something stupid like trade back into the first or trade for Baker/Jimmy G and possibly extend them. Yes this class is seen as “weak” because there is no top guy. Most scouts have first round grades on 3 (some 4) of these QBs and QBs will always be overdrafted. If you are sitting back and waiting for one to fall into right where you see him projected it may never happen. If they think one of these guys can be a franchise QB then I have no problem with them drafting one. 
As a fan of this team I would love some intrigue/excitement versus then trying to force Sam/PJ down our throats again. We all know how that story goes and I don’t want Rhule using any future picks on acquiring a vet or getting back into round 1. As the Cardinals already showed us, it’s easy to move on from a drafted QB if it even comes to that. So drafting one gives me excitement/hope as a fan and I think helps keep Rhule from ruing next year’s draft for our potential new coach. 
I won’t get mad if we draft a OL because that’s another top valued position we always ignore. However, these guys are guaranteed to be elite either. Neal may be seen as more of a RT (which we don’t need), Icky may struggle against speedy pass rushers (something every team has in the NFL), and I’ve seen Cross drop the to 20s because he isn’t fully developed in run blocking. Penning is a small school guy so there is a huge talent gap. 

• Pie 2