• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on the possibility of a trade back

Zod

IMO if Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Hutchinson, or Thibodeaux are there at 6 you take them and never look back (in this order).  But that is what I think we SHOULD do....

I am afraid they are overvaluing QB's and will take Pickett or Willis at 6....but I don't think we should.  If the 5 above are gone we SHOULD trade back and grab at least a 2nd round pick since OL is fairly deep this year and taking a QB at 6 is too high for this class given next year's current view

IMO it will depend on how the draft unfolds in the first 5 picks.   Every year there is a surprise pick that no one expected. 

I think if we trade back that our GM believe that one of these talents are going to drop down to the pick that we are trading for.  I don't believe it will be lower that 15.  

The biggest thing is we might not get the super stud everyone wants but we pick up a pick or two later and actually grab 2 or 3 really good players.

It's a gamble but if we plan on building through the draft we need more picks.

As far as this forum is concerned.  Either way 1/2 of it is going to be pissed.  Those that think we should trade down and get more picks will be angry we didn't a Stud LT and those that want to stick at 8 will be pissed because we only got one decent player in the draft.

Double edged sword

8 hours ago, Zod said:

From the latest Athletic article.

Screenshot_20220329-072757_The Athletic.jpg

I really think if a top offensive tackle is there, they take him. Otherwise, it is a trade back.

Yeah I think it’s Ekwonu, Neal or trade back. Either way you should solve the left side of the line for the next 7-8 years.