• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ newest top 50

Basbear

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2022-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0

Rank

Evan Neal

Alabama · OT · Junior

Neal is a massive left tackle (6-foot-7, 350 pounds, per school measurements) with strong hands, quick feet and awareness. In the passing game, he has the foot quickness to handle speed rushers. He uses his length to keep his chest clean and has a firm anchor versus power rushers. He can bend his knees and sink his weight, but there are times when he gets too aggressive, lunges and winds up on the ground. In the run game, Neal has strong hands and lower power to generate movement at the point of attack. He has the athleticism to adjust at the second level and in space on screens. Overall, I'd like to see Neal improve his patience and balance, but he has all of the tools to emerge as a frontline starting tackle early in his career.

I want to believe...

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

The top 12-13 players in this draft are too legit for any QB to go in the top 10…and there are future all pros that are going to make a team trade up. Philly is coming up imo. They’re gonna trade two of their three picks to get their hands on an elite WR or edge rusher. I know they have Smith and had drafted a lot of receivers but they’re gonna see Wilson lined up next to Smith as a game changing draft pick. Or..if one of the pass rushers starts to drop. 

• Beer 1

If Neal is there it’s a no brainer to me. Neal or Icky and we take them unless there us some insane offer to trade, which I don’t see happening. If they are gone I have no clue what direction we will go. DJ’s “more athletic Hasselback” comparison makes me feel better if we get Pickett. Hasselback was a good QB and his limited athletic ability was his weakness. 

In case anyone forgot…

n 2005, Hasselbeck had one of his most productive career performances, earning the highest passer rating in the NFC,[12] and leading the Seahawks to the playoffs for the third consecutive year while clinching the NFC's top seed. He led the Seahawks to Super Bowl XL, in which they lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and was the starting quarterback for the NFC in the 2006 Pro Bowl.[13]

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The top 12-13 players in this draft are too legit for any QB to go in the top 10…and there are future all pros that are going to make a team trade up. Philly is coming up imo. They’re gonna trade two of their three picks to get their hands on an elite WR or edge rusher. I know they have Smith and had drafted a lot of receivers but they’re gonna see Wilson lined up next to Smith as a game changing draft pick. Or..if one of the pass rushers starts to drop. 

My guess would be they go for London if they’re looking for a top WR in this class. DeVonta is small (and good!) so I bet they go for a bigger target and catch radius 

21 hours ago, unicar15 said:

I agree that philly is the main trade partner, just I feel their target is Sauce. The points line up and it makes too much sense, so it will not happen.... 

just a few other tid bits- philly traded up last yr for WR Smith(giants were big mad). They may have the weakest CB groups in the league, Sause is a real long, quick, and fast CB. The WRs in the NFC east are no joke. 

• Pie 1