• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favor Malik Willis?

micnificent28

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Agree but if they think he's the next Josh Allen or whatever I'd have to take him on a rookie deal, fire Rhule and get a coach that wants to coach him next year. I think we did enough on the O-line in free agency to be comfortable taking a shot. I'm hoping Fitt is thinking long term/post-Rhule. If it's Neal/Ikey/Willis or trade out I'm cool with that. 

I would agree but I would suspect he would just be wasting his first year of that rookie deal and still need to sit a year with a good staff which would be 2/5ths of his rookie contract. So we may have a QB in 3 years?

Just draft a better prospect, for us, next year would be a better play conceptually. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I keep reading this narrative, but the coaching staff (minus Rhule) is pretty solid now. We will see how much a difference that makes going forward. 

It's pretty meh. An improvement from last year sure but I wouldn't use the words quality, good or exciting to describe this staff. 

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Cam is 6'5" Willis is barely over 6 feet.  Willis will get killed a la RGIII if he tries that in the NFL.  Cam lasted 8 years as big has he was.  How long do you think Willis will last.  Plus his accuracy is terrible.  

Russell Wilson doesn't get killed.. Lamar Jackson, Kyle Murray who is 5 '10. He's playing at 230 at 6'0 which is consider big even for Rb standards. But he isn't going to be playing rb or running 100% of the time. I would definitely give him 5-7 designed runs a game to keep defense honest.. 

His accuracy doesn't look as bad as you make it out to be and when given the time he looks good. If was as bad a thrower as you make it out to be do you think all these teams and gms would be ranking him the number 1 qb? Come on now we gotta read between the lines. Guy isn't just a kid running around cause he can't compete a pass. That's nonsense.

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Agree but if they think he's the next Josh Allen or whatever I'd have to take him on a rookie deal, fire Rhule and get a coach that wants to coach him next year. I think we did enough on the O-line in free agency to be comfortable taking a shot. I'm hoping Fitt is thinking long term/post-Rhule. If it's Neal/Ikey/Willis or trade out I'm cool with that. 

This is all I'm saying these are my 3 ideal picks maybe ikey/Neal/Willis but these 3 at 6 plz. Or trade down 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Russell Wilson doesn't get killed.. Lamar Jackson, Kyle Murray who is 5 '10. He's playing at 230 at 6'0 which is consider big even for Rb standards. But he isn't going to be playing rb or running 100% of the time. I would definitely give him 5-7 designed runs a game to keep defense honest.. 

His accuracy doesn't look as bad as you make it out to be and when given the time he looks good. If was as bad a thrower as you make it out to be do you think all these teams and gms would be ranking him the number 1 qb? Come on now we gotta read between the lines. Guy isn't just a kid running around cause he can't compete a pass. That's nonsense.

Murray and Jackson missed time just this year due to running.  Murray also got banged up in his shoulder last season from running.  Give me an accurate pocket passer in the burrow mold that knows how to navigate things when pressure is coming. 

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I would agree but I would suspect he would just be wasting his first year of that rookie deal and still need to sit a year with a good staff which would be 2/5ths of his rookie contract. So we may have a QB in 3 years?

Just draft a better prospect, for us, next year would be a better play conceptually. 

I mean McAdoo sucked as a head coach but he has tons of experience, Manning still speaks highly of him helping fix his timing and footwork

8 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

This is all I'm saying these are my 3 ideal picks maybe ikey/Neal/Willis but these 3 at 6 plz. Or trade down 

I have no idea why people keep saying this.  We cant simply just "trade down" unless Fitt is going for pennies on the dollar.   We didnt take the Bears haul last year and now we have an even better draft pick. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean McAdoo sucked as a head coach but he has tons of experience, Manning still speaks highly of him helping fix his timing and footwork

Cool but he isn't a QB coach but an OC here. Add in the Rhule factors and I still don't see the reason for any hype. 

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Murray and Jackson missed time just this year due to running.  Murray also got banged up in his shoulder last season from running.  Give me an accurate pocket passer in the burrow mold that knows how to navigate things when pressure is coming. 

I didn't see the specific plays they got hurt on so I will defer. But over their careers* Lamar had been pretty durable and Murray been fine as well. Cam for being the running qb got hurt in the pocket.. there is no one hit that is going to take you out. Qbs get hit even in the pocket. Just because you run as well doesn't mean your going to get hit qbs slide and run out of bounds to avoid unnecessary hits.

Burrow was a number 1 overall pick...consensus. those are rare. Plus even he isn't a statue.