• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well, you're about to get inundated with "DUHHH WE RETIRED COCHE L LMAO WHO CAERS ABOUT THE TITOL GAME" 

UNC over-achieved and won a big rivalry game because one guy on their side hit a three that the guy on the opposite side didn't. It was a back-and-forth classic, but people in this thread will assure you it was a 79-point blowout win between a Duke team full of NBA legends and a UNC team full of truck drivers.

The absolutely classless obsession over Coach K, replete with UNC fans saying poo like "we killed Coach K," "we hosted his funeral on Saturday," absolute tripe like that on social media just continues to exemplify the kind of toxic fanbase Carolina has. 

Coach K literally made Duke a thing. Beating him not once, but twice and in the only Tournament matchup ever and sending him into retirement ends the rivalry talk. So yeah. Just go on and shitt bud. Keep crying and whining. It's cute. 

• Poo 1

30 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

It’s pretty simple logic, and this coming from myself, a Duke fan, Duke was hot at the beginning of the year and stumbled midway through the season and then found their stride near the end. A lack of rebounding and defense did us in. Carolina on the other hand, was kind of back-and-forth until the last several weeks of the regular season and got insanely hot at the right time, and carried that momentum into the tournament. To me, they were playing like a one or two seed, not an eight seed. It’s all about the momentum, and UNC had the talent to beat Kansas, I just can’t believe they blew a lead that big. And I think that Caleb love had himself a very nice tournament and probably upped his draft stock immensely. That’s just my .2

He didn't. His draft stock is still the same. 

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

9 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Coach K literally made Duke a thing. Beating him not once, but twice and in the only Tournament matchup ever and sending him into retirement ends the rivalry talk.

Depends on how successful Scheyer is, I would think. 

Roy quietly left, and Coach K had to have a year long tour to retire to. That's the difference in ego between the two. In fact, K's ego is so big that Jay Williams is saying he may come back next year... and we all know that's only because of how this year went out

• Poo 1

33 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Roy quietly left, and Coach K had to have a year long tour to retire to. That's the difference in ego between the two. In fact, K's ego is so big that Jay Williams is saying he may come back next year... and we all know that's only because of how this year went out

Roy quit. 

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Coach K literally made Duke a thing. Beating him not once, but twice and in the only Tournament matchup ever and sending him into retirement ends the rivalry talk. So yeah. Just go on and shitt bud. Keep crying and whining. It's cute. 

Nobody's crying or whining. Somebody's beating his chest after his team just choked, though. Wonder who.

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Because they lost a Final Four game to the national runner-up? Please. 

literally the only people that think this way are duke fans. and it's not even all duke fans. Most are realistic about it and know the deal. 

• Poo 1

Just now, uncfan888 said:

literally the only people that think this way are duke fans. and it's not even all duke fans. Most are realistic about it and know the deal. 

Judging by the ridiculous comments made in this thread, I'm not sure many in here are qualified to judge what is and isn't "realistic."

Objectively, you had two very good teams play a close game and one made a couple more shots than the other. Great. Congrats.

Maybe if Carolina fans displayed even a modicum of the sportsmanship they expect from others, people wouldn't think of them as more toxic than Bama football fans.

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I actually have a bunch of UNC friends and none of them are acting like y’all. But you do you!