• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

24 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

A few things make it embarrassing.

1. Duke as of right now has 4 first rounders, and a second rounder on their squad. UNC has zero.

2. Duke not only lost the give me my flowers tour home game at Cameron. They lost the only matchup in NCAA Tournament history (usually they make it where UNC has to face Duke in the FF or the Championship). 

3. It would be a different story if it was Roy. But this was a Rookie HC that had lost to Wake Forest, Miami, and Kentucky by a combined total of over 80 points. 

4. This has nothing to do with Monday night, and that is what's so hilarious about the conversation. Monday night is a blip on the radar. No one will remember Kansas winning a Natty. No one remember Virginia winning a Natty. Everyone remembers them losing to UMBC in the first round as a 1 seed.

Duke fans have NOTHING to stand on. I mean, NOTHING right now. 

@Carl Spacklerpretty much sums it up

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

No one will remember Kansas winning a Natty. No one remember Virginia winning a Natty. Everyone remembers them losing to UMBC in the first round as a 1 seed.

This comment confirms you're a casual with no concept of reality. Really? No one remembers who won the title? Sure, maybe to people who try and sweep their failings under the rug. To the greater populace, UNC blew the biggest lead in title game history. Don't care how you feel about it. It's a fact. Glad you came to terms with it so well because you won the national semifinal game by four points.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's really not worth engaging with any duke fan clueless and/or shameless enough to still be trying to talk poo. They're the joke of college basketball right now. The most memorable thing about this season in the long run will be UNC utterly ruining Coach K's farewell season.

So making the Final Four makes you the joke of college basketball. What's Kentucky? Gonzaga? 

This is why people dislike UNC: their fans are infinitely more toxic than the people they regularly denounce.

• Pie 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I wasn't going to engage in this circle-jerk cesspool, but the complete denial of reality has to be addressed. I wasn't talking poo, by the way. I refuted some particularly incendiary, misinformed opinions people are attempting to pass off as fact. 

😂 😂 😂

Fact: the most memorable thing about this year's college basketball season in the long run will be UNC completely derailing K's farewell tour.

Deal with it. Yeah, I wish we had ultimately cut down the nets. That would've been awesome. But it'll also always be awesome thinking back on the greatest regular season win and greatest non-championship post-season win in UNC history both coming within the space of a month from a completely unexpected team. That's what made this run so fun. NO ONE saw it coming. 

• Beer 1

It’s pretty simple logic, and this coming from myself, a Duke fan, Duke was hot at the beginning of the year and stumbled midway through the season and then found their stride near the end. A lack of rebounding and defense did us in. Carolina on the other hand, was kind of back-and-forth until the last several weeks of the regular season and got insanely hot at the right time, and carried that momentum into the tournament. To me, they were playing like a one or two seed, not an eight seed. It’s all about the momentum, and UNC had the talent to beat Kansas, I just can’t believe they blew a lead that big. And I think that Caleb love had himself a very nice tournament and probably upped his draft stock immensely. That’s just my .2

It's funny how some people are utterly befuddled at how most UNC fans aren't pressed at losing to Kansas. Prior to the first win against Duke last month, some bracket projections had UNC First Four out or Last Four in. This run was an overarchivement capped by spoiling Coach K twice. I just can't bring myself to be that mad.

Largest comeback for Kansas in Finals history. Sure whatever, but it was a 15 point halftime lead, that's not anything crazy. That's almost nothing in modern basketball and won't be a "record" that long.

Edited by Dilla
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂 😂 😂

Fact: the most memorable thing about this year's college basketball season in the long run will be UNC completely derailing K's farewell tour.

Deal with it. Yeah, I wish we had ultimately cut down the nets. That would've been awesome. But it'll also always be awesome thinking back on the greatest regular season win and greatest non-championship post-season win in UNC history both coming within the space of a month from a completely unexpected team. That's what made this run so fun. NO ONE saw it coming. 

Again -- don't take exception from feeling big when you win a rivalry game. But this Coach K obsession is a little bit weird. I feel like UNC fans obsess over him more than Duke fans.

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Again -- don't take exception from feeling big when you win a rivalry game. But this Coach K obsession is a little bit weird. I feel like UNC fans obsess over him more than Duke fans.

It's because he's such a sniveling asshole who makes everything all about him always.

6 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

It’s pretty simple logic, and this coming from myself, a Duke fan, Duke was hot at the beginning of the year and stumbled midway through the season and then found their stride near the end. A lack of rebounding and defense did us in. Carolina on the other hand, was kind of back-and-forth until the last several weeks of the regular season and got insanely hot at the right time, and carried that momentum into the tournament. To me, they were playing like a one or two seed, not an eight seed. It’s all about the momentum, and UNC had the talent to beat Kansas, I just can’t believe they blew a lead that big. And I think that Caleb love had himself a very nice tournament and probably upped his draft stock immensely. That’s just my .2

Well, you're about to get inundated with "DUHHH WE RETIRED COCHE L LMAO WHO CAERS ABOUT THE TITOL GAME" 

UNC over-achieved and won a big rivalry game because one guy on their side hit a three that the guy on the opposite side didn't. It was a back-and-forth classic, but people in this thread will assure you it was a 79-point blowout win between a Duke team full of NBA legends and a UNC team full of truck drivers.

The absolutely classless obsession over Coach K, replete with UNC fans saying poo like "we killed Coach K," "we hosted his funeral on Saturday," absolute tripe like that on social media just continues to exemplify the kind of toxic fanbase Carolina has. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's because he's such a sniveling asshole who makes everything all about him always.

I understand your bias, but you're insanely misinformed. He repeatedly said it was about the players. in fact, the only people who tend to believe this, are Carolina fans. If K retired after last year you guys would absolutely, 1000% call him a quitter. But Roy leaving after throwing his team under the bus, promoting recruits "you'll play for me next year," and spearheading a 25-point first round beatdown was somehow noble. It's the double standard that never ceases to amaze me.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I understand your bias, but you're insanely misinformed. He repeatedly said it was about the players. in fact, the only people who tend to believe this, are Carolina fans. If K retired after last year you guys would absolutely, 1000% call him a quitter. But Roy leaving after throwing his team under the bus, promoting recruits "you'll play for me next year," and spearheading a 25-point first round beatdown was somehow noble. It's the double standard that never ceases to amaze me.

😂 😂 😂

This is great. Keep it coming!

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

47 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So making the Final Four makes you the joke of college basketball. What's Kentucky? Gonzaga? 

This is why people dislike UNC: their fans are infinitely more toxic than the people they regularly denounce.

Duke has no foot to stand on in the argument anymore. Spare me this incessant bull shitt. 

• Poo 1