• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

11 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Man you must have been watching with Duke Blue Glasses because Duke was getting away with far more than Carolina.  Both halves Carolina had more fouls called against them than Duke.

Let me hand you a couple handkerchiefs so you can cry in them.

Obviously a Dookie.

Enjoy the celebration of the end of Coach K career.   Wasn't it awesome to get double dipped by Carolina.  Ruined your last home game and sent you packing back to Durham a couple of days early.

BTW a typical Dookie always making excuses. 

I find it intriguing that NC State fans, and Wake Forest fans actively root against UNC. Even though Duke has stomped them out for years now. Very strange. 

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Yeah. He was fouled. Took a few steps and then shot. Ridiculous 

The only way you're complaining about that call is out of outright ignorance of the rules (or just plain butthurt). Yes, it's an and one in the NBA. It isn't in college or high school. You have to be in the act of shooting. There is no continuation in college. If you want to complain that there should be, okay. But you can't complain that the ref botched the call. It was a very easy, not at all controversial call to make.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only way you're complaining about that call is out of outright ignorance of the rules (or just plain butthurt). Yes, it's an and one in the NBA. It isn't in college or high school. You have to be in the act of shooting. There is no continuation in college. If you want to complain that there should be, okay. But you can't complain that the ref botched the call. It was a very easy, not at all controversial call to make.

I would be more mad if I was a Duke fan that Puff Johnson boxed out Paulo. 

1 minute ago, OceanPanther said:

What a great game..  We watch games through the eyes of the team we pull for.  Listening to Dook fans complain about the refs or certain calls  is not different than Unc fans  ( go to INSIDE CAROLINA after a loss and you'll see the same complaints. THAT'S WHAT FANS DO ) . 

One of my Dook friends shared this ..  " Pulling for UNCheats because they are in the ACC or in the state of NC ,,  would be like pulling for  Satan because he's in the Bible "  

That's what this rivalry is all about.     Many , most , fans find more joy in not losing that actually winning. Sure they want to win,,  but more than that, they do not want to lose to the other. 

Grand son back in the day  

LEE.jpg

I don't know, I disagree with your friend but to each their own.  I'm a huge DUKE fan, have been my whole life but a part of me has always wanted Carolina to be good.  To me, Duke and Carolina wouldn't be what they are if they didn't have each other and both being outstanding programs.  I thought it was one hell of a game, hate we lost but I will be pulling to UNC tonight!  I want the trophy back on Tobacco Road and let all the ACC haters that had the ACC down this year sit and wonder "where did we all go wrong".  

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

While I am a UNC fan in the ACC, I still think Coach K is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. 

And I think Dean Smith is immortal--I know a few UNC players who told me about his relationship with them--(Al Wood, John Virgil) and both said he was like a father to them--during and after they played at UNC.

Coach K started getting into those "one and done" players (everyone does to an extent) and it was not the same for him because both he and Coach Smith helped players grow into men.  We were fortunate to have 2 great coaches in the backyard. 

It’s hard to argue against K’s accomplishments - even if he is a jerk and unlikable. I certainly would never bet against him from a basketball Xs&Os perspective …but here is the thing, he hasn’t “coached” since 2015. He’s been more of a manager if anything and just let his blue chip NBA prospects do their thing. Same poo Calipari has been doing but K forgets more about basketball than Calipari currently knows. 

“the brotherhood” thing lol…more like the “semesterhood” where you better play to your expectations because you are going to be recruited over almost immediately and if you aren’t projecting to the NBA you better transfer out or leave 

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I don't think K has been much of a coach the past 5 years, in my opinion. His assistants have done the majority of the work. 

I agree with this 100%. He has been coasting and delegating a lot his stuff to his assistants. Can you blame him? It’s a young man’s game now with recruiting and NIL that if you can’t keep up you better get out while you can. I think that’s why Roy left. Age and time. I also tend to believe that the Walker Kessler thing really left a bad taste in his mouth like it did with a lot fans. Coach K is like 4 years old than Roy, so at what point is enough enough? He has more money than he needs and his battle now isn’t against UNC, or the refs, or Kentucky…it’s against Father Time and spending his years with his family. Hard to knock him for that. 

38 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I would be more mad if I was a Duke fan that Puff Johnson boxed out Paulo. 

On that last duke FT miss, Manek damn near boxed Banchero out and completely off the court. Manek wasn't even going for the ball. His sole role on that FT attempt was to make sure Banchero didn't get the rebound and he did it. That dude was NOT getting that rebound. 😂

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

On that last duke FT miss, Manek damn near boxed Banchero out and completely off the court. Manek wasn't even going for the ball. His sole role on that FT attempt was to make sure Banchero didn't get the rebound and he did it. That dude was NOT getting that rebound. 😂

UNC was lucky the biased officials didn’t call a double flagrant on Puff and Manek 

21 hours ago, Basbear said:

Many Moons ago the duke fans would cuss out the opposing team/player/coaches using some of most dirty language known to man. Shocked the TV didnt pick it up, they had to edit it out. Ive been to 3 games at K court, even some of the poorest HS had better gyms. That was the most shocking deal to me.

Cameron Indoor Outhouse is a notorious dump.  To have a program that successful run a bush league arena like that is confusing.  It holds like 9k people? Dean Dome holds 22k.

Its literally a giant rat nest.

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Cameron Indoor Outhouse is a notorious dump.  To have a program that successful run a bush league arena like that is confusing.  It holds like 9k people? Dean Dome holds 22k.

Its literally a giant rat nest.

This is just false from so many perspectives and I despise Duke with a passion.

It's easily the best place to watch a CBB game in the entire country. I've been to over 20 games there and it never gets old. Including the UNC vs Duke game this year. Plus, the Zion Williamson shoe game. UNC's arena is atrocious now. It never sells out unless it's Duke and it's too, damn, big. Old Carmichael was better than that. Duke remodeled around the arena completely by the way. Including the football stadium. I know you guys hate them, but you gotta stop lying. 

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

It's easily the best place to watch a CBB game in the entire country. I've been to over 20 games there and it never gets old. Including the UNC vs Duke game this year. Plus, the Zion Williamson shoe game. UNC's arena is atrocious now. It never sells out unless it's Duke and it's too, damn, big. Old Carmichael was better than that. Duke remodeled around the arena completely by the way. Including the football stadium. I know you guys hate them, but you gotta stop lying. 

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Ain’t lied yet.  Don’t plan on it.  fug them.  fug that place.  Moving on!