• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another issue with the Commanders...

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:
6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

EAEAAEB4-A01F-44AF-BD15-948F0D2BA2FC.jpeg

Expand  

Lol, you believe everything the media says.  In a related story, Jeffery Epstein killed himself and OJ Simpson is innocent.

LOL..."the media" didn't say a single word, not one. 

No anonymous "sources", not a "I know a guy who knows a guy" stab in the dark (like virtually all Panthers "reporters" barf up these days) ...

...but rather a direct statement from Joe Lockhart who was EVP of Communications & Govt. Affairs & lead spokesman for the NFL League Office at the time. 

Mr. Lockhart's resume is impeccable (includes 2+ years as White House Press Secretary for President Clinton) and his integrity is beyond reproach.

Feel free to keep your head squarely buried in the sand...

Head In Sand GIFs | Tenor

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Florio agrees...

Seriously though, how flat out stupid do you have to be to pull a stunt like this?

One would have to be mindblowingly "stupid" to "pull a stunt like this"...

...Snyder's clearly a doosh but do you really believe he's that stupid?

The 💰💵 involved would be chump change...couldn't amount to more than $3 million and to think Snyder would take such a risk is completely illogical -- almost seems too good to be true huh? 🧐

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

LOL..."the media" didn't say a single word, not one. 

No anonymous "sources", not a "I know a guy who knows a guy" stab in the dark (like virtually all Panthers "reporters" barf up these days) ...

...but rather a direct statement from Joe Lockhart who was EVP of Communications & Govt. Affairs & lead spokesman for the NFL League Office at the time. 

Mr. Lockhart's resume is impeccable (includes 2+ years as White House Press Secretary for President Clinton) and his integrity is beyond reproach.

Feel free to keep your head squarely buried in the sand...

Head In Sand GIFs | Tenor

This is hilarious!!!!!!

Anyway, I know what the 'official narrative' was.  Richardson resigned in shame and the NFL graciously excepted his resignation.  Remember, Jerry was doing what all NFL owners do when under the spotlight, they launch an internal investigation.  There was no mention of Jerry selling the team up to the point the League stepped in.  In a stunning turn of events, once the League stepped in, Jerry suddenly felt compelled to sell the team.  Jerry loved this organization and it would have taken more than public scrutiny for him to suddenly let go.  The misdeeds had already been leaked to the media, so the airing of the dirty laundry wasn't the reason for the sudden urge to sell.

I bet you think Tom Brady coming back had nothing to do Bruce Arians stepping away too.  You know the official narrative out of the Bucs organization is Bruce decided it was time to hand over the reins to someone else.  The timing of Bruce stepping aside and Tom un-retiring was purely coincidence.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

This is hilarious!!!!!!

You anti-Clinton?

I'll give you this fella...

...your imagination is beyond reproach...

...an imagination hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology!

Carry on 🤦‍♂️🤣

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You anti-Clinton?

I'll give you this fella...

...your imagination is beyond reproach...

...an imagination hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology!

Carry on 🤦‍♂️🤣

I mean, no scandals occurred during those years, right?   Also press secretaries are renown for their 100% honesty.  I'm the delusional one though, lol! Gullible must be your middle name. 

Look, Jerry may have had a sudden change of heart, but I don't buy it.  I'm not sure when you started to follow the Panthers, but I have from the very beginning.  The man was all Panthers all the time. He literally lived for this team.  Just because he had some non-disclosure settlements come to light wasn't enough for him to sell the team.  Again, the details were already  leaked.  If he was so embarrassed by the media report, why didn't he sell right away?  Why did he try to fix the situation internally? Once the League stepped in, why the sudden change of heart to cut and run instead of fight for beloved organization.

The NFL isn't run by a troop of boy scouts.  Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones have plenty of dirt out there.  Some owners they will go to bat for, and others, not so much. 

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Again, the details were already  leaked.  If he was so embarrassed by the media report, why didn't he sell right away?

What were the exact dates of the groundbreaking Sports Illustrated report/article...

...and The Bigg Kitty's announcement that he was selling?

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

One would have to be mindblowingly "stupid" to "pull a stunt like this"...

...Snyder's clearly a doosh but do you really believe he's that stupid?

The 💰💵 involved would be chump change...couldn't amount to more than $3 million and to think Snyder would take such a risk is completely illogical -- almost seems too good to be true huh? 🧐

You're the one with your head in the sand. You may be the dumbest and most gullible person on this site. Keep defending billionaires that don't give two shits about you

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What were the exact dates of the groundbreaking Sports Illustrated report/article...

...and The Bigg Kitty's announcement that he was selling?

The published date of the article was about a week before he said he was going to sell in mid-December of 2017.  However, the organization knew of this was before going to print; this story wasn't out of left field.  Again, Jerry was initially going to do what he need to to to keep the team, but once the League office got involved, he changed his mind.  Coincidence?  Sure....