• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker not the only name on the list....

Lurk21

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Obviously a lot of this depends on how these guys play this year, but for as many potential 1st round options on that list, it's a least very promising even at this early juncture.  This 2023 class may turn out to be better than the 2021 one that I was wanted to grab a QB.  If DJ and Rattler can turn in sharp performances, they can easily jump into the top 10...and I think they will.

I agree with what you are saying but if they go from bad/benched to good the next year isn’t that kind of a one year wonder? Regardless it’s not some unicorn loaded class yet IMO. There is definitely talent to be had though.

I feel like there's two posts that I see here on an annual basis...

1) Next year we're gonna have a lot more cap room

2) Next year's quarterback class is more interesting than this year's

As I recall, last year around this time, some folks were talking about how great Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler were going to be and how we should wait on them.

There just aren't any guarantees.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As I recall, last year around this time, some folks were talking about how great Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler were going to be and how we should wait on them.

You are missing the point.   There will be infinite more choices next year.   Everyone and their brother acknowledge this

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Very true. Unfortunately we just don't have the draft capitol to gamble this year, especially at 6. Not playing a lot of our draft picks from last year has really hurt us because we have no idea what we do or don't have. Last year's failure was much larger than the record reflects. 

35 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Very true. Unfortunately we just don't have the draft capitol to gamble this year, especially at 6. Not playing a lot of our draft picks from last year has really hurt us because we have no idea what we do or don't have. Last year's failure was much larger than the record reflects. 

No argument...