• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"What are we doing in the draft" 2022 edition.

Verge

1 hour ago, davos said:

@Verge

Any guess what type of grade teams have on Howell & Ridder? Could either one realistically go ahead of the consensus top-3/are there any teams really into them? I just find where they end up absolute wildcards and after, it may be quite some time before another QB is selected (Zappe, Glass, Coan, Strong, etc.).

Jermaine Johnson II is one of the quieter presumed high up picks--what's the deal with him?

Any fave LB for us? Muma or Tindall? Wyoming's LBs have been producing majorly and would love Muma.

And ditto on Sauce.  Aiden, Sauce, & G. Wilson are my fave players this draft. 

Ridder > Howell is generally the consensus. One team has Howell as QB1 that I know of, so that could be interesting. 

I don't think the media knows what to do with JJ? He is certainly a top 10 guy. 

For us? Muma makes a lot of sense, just a matter of if he will be there when we pick later. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't think it's so much faith but rather blind hope.

It's like buying a single scratcher ticket for the year. Probably won't pan out but if you hit Oh Baby.

That's why I think he's the best option. We don't dig the hole any deeper by keeping him. Baker Jimmy and anyone else is barely an upgrade and digs that hole.

Fair. I think the biggest hole was dug by keeping Rhule. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Verge said:

Ridder > Howell is generally the consensus. One team has Howell as QB1 that I know of, so that could be interesting. 

I don't think the media knows what to do with JJ? He is certainly a top 10 guy. 

For us? Muma makes a lot of sense, just a matter of if he will be there when we pick later. 

Ooh interesting on Howell.  Makes me wonder who that could be. 

Do think Indy would be a very cool spot for him behind Matt Ryan for a year. Could really excel with Taylor & Pittman in Reich's offense.  Especially given his college success before Javonte left. Same goes for TEN and Howell.

Ridder is a mystery for me, projection and team fit.  Seemed to test really well but I never really saw "it" during the games.  Could see him finding a Tyler Huntley type situation behind a pretty set in place starter but really can't place him anywhere.  If not a backup, ATL could thrust him into a competition with Mariota.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, davos said:

Ooh interesting on Howell.  Makes me wonder who that could be. 

Do think Indy would be a very cool spot for him behind Matt Ryan for a year. Could really excel with Taylor & Pittman in Reich's offense.  Especially given his college success before Javonte left. Same goes for TEN and Howell.

Ridder is a mystery for me, projection and team fit.  Seemed to test really well but I never really saw "it" during the games.  Could see him finding a Tyler Huntley type situation behind a pretty set in place starter but really can't place him anywhere.  If not a backup, ATL could thrust him into a competition with Mariota.

Ridder just seems like Kellen Mond 2.0. The skill set and measurables are intriguing. Plays for a team that wins and honestly punches above it's weight class. So you tube in expecting to be impressed and... damn, it's a JAG floated by an elite defense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Ridder just seems like Kellen Mond 2.0. The skill set and measurables are intriguing. Plays for a team that wins and honestly punches above it's weight class. So you tube in expecting to be impressed and... damn, it's a JAG floated by an elite defense.

Yeah I wanted to like him during the season but every time I tuned in was just like, well he's not doing anything glaringly wrong.  But it was a program that has become very good with a team playing very well, he was excelling in that environment.

He has really sound mechanics (throwing motion is solid/tight, best footwork in class), speed, size, seems very smart, but he just plays awkwardly.  I don't know what it is but he's just awkward, even though he's got the mechanics down, it's like elongated or slow/he goes glitchy robot arm.  Could disappear like Josh Dobbs or Mond pretty quickly after the draft if he goes to the wrong spot.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

lol the fug, when has mond won anything and much less had any success? Mond has a ridiculous arm, that's it. Ridder has shown he's a leader of men and has battled through some really tough events. Ridder is criminally underrated. 

Ummm. Texas A&M finished #4 in the country Mond's last year there and they went 26-10 during the three seasons he was the full-time starter. 

Cincinnati was 60th in the country in offensive yardage last year. They were 10th in defense. That's even more lopsided than TAMU who was 37st and 9th, respectively. Ridder was a game manager like Mond. Both of those teams were driven by elite D.

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Noooo

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CMAC22 said:

IMO i really believe the Panthers are gonna trade down from 6 and draft a QB in the first round another reason why i think they'll trade down is Fitty isn't gonna want to sit around with no day 2 picks!

With the way he loves to trade I can't see him sitting on his hands while 131 picks go by.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

So @Verge you think Evan Neil will drop? If so, who are the surprise 2-3 in front of us?

Something like 

1) Walker

2) Hutch

3) Sauce

4) Thibs

5) Ickey/Cross

Is very plausible. There’s a very real chance first four picks are defense. And Neal is probably some teams third OT on the draft board. Apparently one team has Cross ranked as the best player in the entire draft. So even then Neal being the third OL off the board isn’t an impossible outcome either.