• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

20 hours ago, CRA said:

So what makes one county officials word more credible than one city officials word?  

RH official was talking about his direct dealings with Tepper Sports.  2 sides of that convo.  RH's and Tepper Sports.    How does the county official know RH is lying?   

I would assume the accusation the RH offical made would actually be pretty easy to prove if it were true or made up.  I mean, ultimately if Tepper Sports wasn't providing the needed info there is going to be a paper trail.   Which is why I said time and more info would be needed before you people give Tepper a complete pass in this clusterfug. 

*unless there is new info I assume this was a comment made during the pause several weeks ago and isn't something new out this week. 

I'm not entirely sure but a bond is basically a loan right? Why would tepper sports need to tell rock hill how to secure a loan?

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

And there is a direct quote from a York county council member saying RH is lying.

The Councilman quoted also has isn't a fan of the current mayor, so there's that angle, too.  Not saying RH isn't at fault here, but there's too many moving parts and lack of transparency from BOTH sides to say one side or the other is to blame....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

I'm not entirely sure but a bond is basically a loan right? Why would tepper sports need to tell rock hill how to secure a loan?

they weren't needing Tepper to tell them how to secure the bonds.  That isn't the accusation.  

To get the bonds requires submitting information and specific details about the actual project.  The accusation is Tepper wasn't supplying the specifics needed and was part of the problem.   The same guy who apparently routinely goes dark and doesn't say poo about anything.   Another accusation.  And something we have seen elsewhere from Tepper. 

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

they weren't needing Tepper to tell them how to secure the bonds.  That isn't the accusation.  

To get the bonds requires submitting information and specific details about the actual project.  The accusation is Tepper wasn't supplying the specifics needed and was part of the problem.   The same guy who apparently routinely goes dark and doesn't say poo about anything.   Another accusation.  And something we have seen elsewhere from Tepper. 

The bonds were for road and city infrastructure,  no? I feel again they should have that plan based on the plans tepper gave. I mean weren't the plans publicly available? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, blackcat said:

The Councilman quoted also has isn't a fan of the current mayor, so there's that angle, too.  Not saying RH isn't at fault here, but there's too many moving parts and lack of transparency from BOTH sides to say one side or the other is to blame....

yeah, I believe he ran and lost twice to the current mayor

he also has been the most vocal and pro Panther facility guy in the area. 

hard to call him a neutral 3rd party.  In addition to the fact York County taxpayers got skin in the game too. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, toldozer said:

The bonds were for road and city infrastructure,  no? I feel again they should have that plan based on the plans tepper gave. I mean weren't the plans publicly available? 

They definitely have the plans.  I mean... that giant bridge going over I-77 is more than halfway built.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, toldozer said:

They advised they needed more info.   And yeah, it's not unreasonable to imagine additional info might be needed than just what was made avaliable to the public.  Pretty sure when they made the accusation they also cited the type info that they were requesting from Tepper. 

The city doesn't just pull bonds out of thin air. 

again, I am not attempting to universally defend RH.  They are going to be in the wrong.  It's just odd for some to dig in so aggressisvely to Tepper having no fault in this mess.  I'd say the odds are low but time will tell.  Well, time will probably only tell if the deal never happens. 

4 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Wild part of this is that Tepper didnt even want the local govt of RH to be involved.  Per Brent Jensen.  

local government probably is tougher to deal with.  that probably is true.  Furthrer out you go the easier to get what you want.  Just look at how quick the governor made stuff happen for Tepper. 

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I mean, for some people to be so confident RH is lying about everything....it doesn't seem like anyone actually has paid attention to what they have said. 

they detailed the type info they requested and why it would be requested. 

I think RH was in over their head.  Tepper appears to of wanted to make sure it stayed that way.  That's the way it reads to me.   RH is at fault.  I just don't think the billionaire gets off the hook for his involvement until all the facts are on the table.