• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Jake Haters

Carolina Crazy V2

I am hearing a lot of "We should have traded for Brett Favre or drafted Flacco or traded for Henne and we should have known since Jake's awful season in 2006 that we needed a QB".

To this, I say:

So you are saying that we should have just thrown away our team chemistry by putting Jake on the bench and passed on an elite run blocking tackle or the best complementing back in the league by drafting Flacco. Nice idea.

Oh and in Jake's "awful season" he had a 82 passer rating which is higher than Favre's in 2008. And we would have gotten rid of Favre after last year so dont say "well this year, we would be awesome!".

So, even though it is pointless in me saying this, stop complaining about Jake. Subract the game vs. Philly and Buffalo and up until last week, his QB rating would be 87.

I am hearing a lot of "We should have traded for Brett Favre or drafted Flacco or traded for Henne and we should have known since Jake's awful season in 2006 that we needed a QB".

Traded for Favre? I'll agree with you there.

So you are saying that we should have just thrown away our team chemistry by putting Jake on the bench and passed on an elite run blocking tackle or the best complementing back in the league by drafting Flacco. Nice idea.

lol what "team chemistry"? The awful display that's going on right now or the "run for 2,400 hundred yards and profit off play action" chemistry?

lol Jeff Otah isn't an "elite" RT.

and "complementing backs"? you're trying to establish a ranking system for that? Yes I'm sure it is completely acceptable to think a back who you will use on less than half the offensive snaps is a better choice than a so far above average QB that will start for you for years to come.

Oh and in Jake's "awful season" he had a 82 passer rating which is higher than Favre's in 2008. And we would have gotten rid of Favre after last year so dont say "well this year, we would be awesome!".

please post the exact original post you referenced here

So, even though it is pointless in me saying this, stop complaining about Jake. Subract the game vs. Philly and Buffalo and up until last week, his QB rating would be 87.

Yes subtract them they don't exist only his good games count

Jake cannot deliver the ball to his receiver's accurately or reliably. When he does he rarely delivers it in a fashion that is possible to catch and maintain a running stride. Jake also seems to overthrow his receiver on almost every deep pass.

To this, I say:

We're 4-6 because of Jake, period. We would have had more winning seasons with a better QB during Jake's time here, period. The sooner you accept that, the better your life will be, period. Jake is and will always be just average, period.

1. Most of us don't hate Jake; we hate his playing as of late.

2. You can tear down chemistry, but you can also rebuild it and better than before.

3. The difference between a Jake Delhomme and a Brett Favre is that Brett Favre types can bounce back from a horrible game with a prolific, if not HOF type game the next week. Sometimes he can bounce back in the very same game that he has just almost gave away. Players rally around Favre because of his play. Players rally around Delhomme because of his leadership and can-do attitude. Which would you really rather have?

4. In the immortal words of Fox and the Huddle; "Stats are for losers. It's the win that matters."

Had we known how well Flacco would play, I would say absolutely. Do you know how valuable a franchise quarterback like Flacco is to your team?

Had we known how well Flacco would play, I would say absolutely. Do you know how valuable a franchise quarterback like Flacco is to your team?

Most would have been ready to string up our FO 2 years ago if we had picked a QB who couldn't beat Tyler Palko to start at Pitt so he transferred to Div AA.

Archived