• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Panthers should take a QB (article)

Growl

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How about this ppl??

Even if you draft a LT and become better W-L wise..  You become a attractive destination for a Vet QB 

Examples  (Bucs, Rams, and Broncos) 

now the plan is to just get an elite QB in free agency everyone lol.

but don’t dare suggest you can find offensive linemen that way, it’s unheard of!

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

of course. now to be clear, when I say good, I’m not talking about the ALL PRO TALENT that many here fixate on as a necessary component of a Championship roster, and the reasoning is simple: it isn’t necessary.

the disparity in wins between a capable veteran tackle signed on a one year deal each offseason is going to win me as many games as the Joe Thomas types that so many are fixated on having. 

i don’t need that kind of player on my roster (as Joe Thomas proved.)

what I need at that position is good enough.

Name a avg.  Lt that has been available free of trading for them in FA??

I'll wait ..

Because I don't honestly remember 1 that didn't completely sucked or have major Red flags like age and injuries..

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am pretty sure you are borderline illiterate. 

did you or did you not just endorse the notion that the panthers may win 6 games next season

A plain answer would be refreshing for once instead of some ad hominem followed by an attempt to move the argument around

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

now the plan is to just get an elite QB in free agency everyone lol.

but don’t dare suggest you can find offensive linemen that way, it’s unheard of!

If you build a team worth playing for ..

It's been proven Franchise QB will come..

Again..

Tampa,  LA, and The Broncos got their QB based on having a team the Franchise QB wanted to play with..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Name a avg.  Lt that has been available free of trading for them in FA??

I'll wait ..

Because I don't honestly remember 1 that didn't completely sucked or have major Red flags like age and injuries..

literally this years free agency crop was chock full of them. 

“age” isn’t a red flag at the OT position, because, again, I’m not looking for a long term investment when I can routinely find a player of that caliber.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

did you or did you not just endorse the notion that the panthers may win 6 games next season

A plain answer would be refreshing for once instead of some ad hominem followed by an attempt to move the argument around

I said the vegas over/under has us at 6.  Which you know is top 10.

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

What?? Good LT can always be found in FA??

Do you really believe that??

I quit trying. his head is stuck. he wants a QB this year and it doesn't matter if it pans out or not because we can try again next year. He thinks that good LTs are easy to find and not much of a priority...no reason to try and secure a long term solution there. better to take a gamble on a QB with limited potential than an LT with poo tons. 

anything you say to the contrary, apparently, is an insult to his intelligence.

you can't reason with that. 

• Pie 2

Just now, WOW!! said:

If you build a team worth playing for ..

It's been proven Franchise QB will come..

Again..

Tampa,  LA, and The Broncos got their QB based on having a team the Franchise QB wanted to play with..

those players weren’t acquired in free agency (except the Brady anomaly)

they were acquired in blockbuster trades that saw nearly historic amounts of capital being moved, same with the Watson trade.

to argue both the ideas of restraint, and age, as being red flags standing opposed to value and then to cite those example is quite the contradiction.

they were also rare occurrences I might add and if you move past the flurry of the past couple seasons you’re not going to find many examples of it

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If you look at the data then its easy to see the odds are high that we will be in the top 10.  Rhule is going the wrong way, Darnolds history shows its top ten, add the schedule to the mix and its quite easy to see. 

I will ask you this.  As we sit today, do you see Rhule and Darnold winning 7 games next year?   Vegas has us at 6.  

Our team isn’t complete yet…

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

literally this years free agency crop was chock full of them. 

“age” isn’t a red flag at the OT position, because, again, I’m not looking for a long term investment when I can routinely find a player of that caliber.

Who Armstead who has played a full season in the last 2 years??

Who else??

I've named 3 teams that got their Franchise QB while building the team 1st.. 

Name me some Good LT on the free agent market??

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I quit trying. his head is stuck. he wants a QB this year and it doesn't matter if it pans out or not because we can try again next year. He thinks that good LTs are easy to find and not much of a priority...no reason to try and secure a long term solution there. better to take a gamble on a QB with limited potential than an LT with poo tons. 

anything you say to the contrary, apparently, is an insult to his intelligence.

you can't reason with that. 

why don’t you leave then and go lock some more threads full of your awful QB takes so nobody can see them.

Edited by Growl
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

those players weren’t acquired in free agency (except the Brady anomaly)

they were acquired in blockbuster trades that saw nearly historic amounts of capital being moved, same with the Watson trade.

to argue both the ideas of restraint, and age, as being red flags standing opposed to value and then to cite those example is quite the contradiction.

they were also rare occurrences I might add and if you move past the flurry of the past couple seasons you’re not going to find many examples of it

It's been officially reported Wilson forced his way to Denver and Stafford said fug the panthers get me to LA..

Maybe we become the Team Franchise QBS want to come to if you build the team 1st...

Again this is not a crazy strategy and it has worked for other teams..

Edited by WOW!!