• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is full of it regarding Darnold

top dawg

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not upset, just surprised by a nonsensical comment.

That he's our QB right now, like Fitterer or McAdoo has said. He knows how to refuse to talk about other things--be noncommittal on other things. What he shouldn't say is that Darnold is "very good". That's absurd based upon Darnold's work.

What is he supposed to say.. He can't sit there and act like dude doesn't exist.. He is committed to paying him 19 mil dollars.. 

Saying bad poo about Darnold doesn't help the team at all..

It was incredibly stupid and short sighted last year when he did it to teddy..

Edited by WOW!!

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's OK man. Don't let what they say trouble you. You know its all coach speak. They are not going to say anything bad about a player and they certainly shouldn't say anything that would lead the competition to know what way they are learning in the draft. The whole world knows how bad the qb situation is for the Panthers, including David Tepper. 

You're right. So was Zod when he said Tepper went too far.

It's the ugly reality of the stats that really got me. Juxtaposed against Tepper's platitude, and something akin to a sh¡t show starts to come into focus. Perhaps tomorrow night will give us true clarity.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

What is he supposed to say.. He can't sit there and act like dude doesn't exist.. He is committed to paying him 19 mil dollars.. 

Saying bad poo about Darnold doesn't help the team at all..

I told you: "He's our QB right now", or something akin to that. He needs to take Fitterer's lead.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

If I was Tepper I would’ve said the same thing. He’s not going to publicly criticize Sam knowing Sam could end up being the starter game 1.

If you are selling you've got to sell it.  You can't say "look, Sam is ass and we are desperately trying to unload his sorry ass. We are trying to get a qb, any qb dammit."

The diehard fans know it to be true but what does it profit him or the team by telegraphing that to his competitors?

12 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

What bothers me a lot and I don't wanna get into racial poo, but he absolutely crucified Teddy, yet he coddles Sam. 

Don't understand it. Just does not make ANY sense. 

I don't think it was racially motivated. I think they were very butthurt that Teddy spoke honestly about how they didn't prepare like he was used to for critical game situations.

In fairness, most of the board(me included) jumped all over Teddy for that.

In hindsight, he was 100% accurate. Look no further than the 2021 offseason TC reports where they talked about the emphasis on game situations in practice. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I told you: "He's our QB right now", or something akin to that. He needs to take Fitterer's lead.

That's stupid because there a good chance he might be your QB all season..

At this point you are not assured to have a viable replacement on the roster..

What if your still negotiating with Cleveland or San Fran?? You just gave them more leverage to fleece you out of assets.. Just by saying "he our QB right now"..

You just showed your hand ..

17 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

What bothers me a lot and I don't wanna get into racial poo, but he absolutely crucified Teddy, yet he coddles Sam. 

Don't understand it. Just does not make ANY sense. 

How can it be a racial thing when he was willing to trade his whole team and pay 100 mill plus to a Black QB he didn't know would serve Jail time??

Because he wanted Watson last year even with the 22 accuser and no clue if he was going to jail..

He waited 2 years hoping a black QB would choose to tale his money??

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's stupid because there a good chance he might be your QB all season..

At this point you are not assured to have a viable replacement on the roster..

What if your still negotiating with Cleveland or San Fran?? You just gave them more leverage to fleece you out of assets.. Just by saying "he our QB right now"..

You just showed your hand ..

I am not following that logic. McAdoo has said that very thing, plus Fitterer has informed everyone that he has told Darnold that we're adding to the room.

Like Jon Snow has said, everyone knows our QB situation is sh¡t and that Darnold was pretty much sh¡t last season. This is not a secret. The only thing that people don't know is how we're actually attacking tomorrow night, and rightfully so. You're trying to manufacture intrigue in the wrong place, and ascribe strategy to something where in reality there is none.

Reality check for some ppl here..

Even if we draft a QB at 6..

There is not a sure thing in this draft that will come in and clearly beat Darnold for the starting QB position.. 

Darnold already has a head start in experience and his physical talent will match up well with anybody in this draft..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1