• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't they have Zappe in for a pre-draft visit?

Little known fact that is missing in all of this.  He is an option that will possibly be there in the 4th. 

If the qbs slip into the 3rd round then Fitterer is going to get antsy to make a trade. I'm getting the feel8ng there will be some of these guys still there in the 3rd round. That's when things really gets interesting. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Little known fact that is missing in all of this.  He is an option that will possibly be there in the 4th. 

If the qbs slip into the 3rd round then Fitterer is going to get antsy to make a trade. I'm getting the feel8ng there will be some of these guys still there in the 3rd round. That's when things really gets interesting. 

I'm very convinced that we want to trade up, quite probably to somewhere in the second.

I'm less convinced that it's absolutely for a quarterback and nothing else, although that's quite possible.

I'm way less convinced that we can actually make it happen.

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

giving up a player like Robby Anderson or trading away a pick next year. I really hope it's not the latter.

Robby makes sense.  I just wonder what his value actually projects as.  A 3rd or 4th?  He basically is a vet with a pretty established ceiling at this point. 

Just now, CRA said:

Robby makes sense.  I just wonder what his value actually projects as.  A 3rd or 4th?  He basically is a vet with a pretty established ceiling at this point. 

Third is probably the ceiling, and I'm not absolutely certain we could get that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The problem is that he makes Teddy Bridgewater's arm look like Jeff George in comparison. I mean, his arm is college weak. I hope the kid can stick on a roster but his arm is going to be a hugely limiting factor in the NFL. Possibly insurmountable.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm very convinced that we want to trade up, quite probably to somewhere in the second.

I'm less convinced that it's absolutely for a quarterback and nothing else, although that's quite possible.

I sure hope they do not give up next years 1st for one of these qb's.  I want them to use that on another qb.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

His ceiling isn't the issue. If you knew you were getting his ceiling I think he's worth a high 2nd given the run on WRs yesterday. The issue is his floor and last anyone saw he was faceplanted on it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The problem is that he makes Teddy Bridgewater's arm look like Jeff George in comparison. I mean, his arm is college weak. I hope the kid can stick on a roster but his arm is going to be a hugely limiting factor in the NFL. Possibly insurmountable.

That's not what I'm advocating. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I just think the are looking to add some excitment.  OL Is a great pick but it only sells with the hardcore crowd.  Panthers got a PR problem right now. 

I think it is likely would be a QB.  But I could see it not being one.  But I think that would then signal a move for Baker or Jimmy G to be added to the roster.