• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good insight into the Panthers trade for Corral

Jaxel

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Or the narratives was correct and he got humbled and learned and changed for the better..

He did say he was impatient and idiot..

Humbled on what?  Signing Teddy? Signing Sam?

I seriously doubt either of those were his ideas.  My guess is his "football people" came up with those ideas, and like almost any owner he was probably heavily involved in the discussion for said QB, but I don't see him playing GM like a Snyder or Jones is often thought of.

I

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Humbled on what?  Signing Teddy? Signing Sam?

I seriously doubt either of those were his ideas.  My guess is his "football people" came up with those ideas, and like almost any owner he was probably heavily involved in the discussion for said QB, but I don't see him playing GM like a Snyder or Jones is often thought of.

I

Humbled for pushing the staff to ramp up on a rebuild that they weren't ready for.. While telling the fan base that we will be patient and build the right way..

Trashing a QB you still have to pay before having a replacement in the building..

Hiring a head coach with little to no NFL experience and letting him pick a staff with little to no NFL experience..

You can believe what you want.. But .. JMO alot of moves have happened because Tepper was impatient and push for moves to be made trying to be a winner faster...

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think the Mayfield thing was probably Tepper just learning that his impatience has caused him to make a several bad deals.  Getting a rep for it.  So he actually didn't get ripped off for once.  But it still IMO is a sign of desperation that they were going for Baker.  Never sounded like either sided really wanted to be together to begin with but Carolina was still largely trying to make it happen because we keep doing the same thing on repeat. 

Browns probably were trying to rip off a desperate team. Why wouldn't you based on what you have seen from this front office.   Tepper finally didn't take the horrible deal. 

if the new narrative is that Tepper makes sure all things are well thought out....that's a tough sell based on Teppers actions as owner.  From Sam to RH and everything inbetween IMO. 

Impatient?

If anythign he has been too patient.  You could make the argument that he kept RR too long, Hurney too long, and a very good chance Rhule too long.

Could we have took a super conservative approach, of course. I was one of the biggest advocates for it, I would have started Grier, never signed Teddy, never signed Sam, and had a lot more draft picks and cap space.

Just because you don't do the super conservative route doesn't automatically make you impatient, there is a middle ground there.  Football coaches and GMs get paid to try and win, although most of us didn't' agree with Teddy and Sam I'm guessing they thought they were good ideas.  That is a sign of a desperation that is more of a sign of just bad choices.  If anythign he was probably let his football people do their job to a fault.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Humbled for pushing the staff to ramp up on a rebuild that they weren't ready for.. While telling the fan base that we will be patient and build the right way..

Trashing a QB you still have to pay before having a replacement in the building..

Hiring a head coach with little to no NFL experience and letting him pick a staff with little to no NFL experience..

You can believe what you want.. But .. JMO alot of moves have happened because Tepper was impatient and push for moves to be made trying to be a winner faster...

So anything more than a full tank is viewed as an overbearing owner who is impatient.  lol

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So anything more than a full tank is viewed as an overbearing owner who is impatient.  lol

It's not a full tank letting things develop naturally.. 

If your owner doesn't poo on Teddy after a "pandemic" season.. You're not paying him to play for another team.. You don't make the Darnold trade losing assets and (that gets you a worst offense and the same amount of wins).. You have a bridge  QB and Fields in the dugout..

Because its been said to me by ppl in the know.. If they don't trade for Sam Fields was the picked.. But the rush to get a winning record was a reason Tepper wanted a Vet QB and not wait on a rookie..

Which this team should have done. 

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think the Mayfield thing was probably Tepper just learning that his impatience has caused him to make a several bad deals. Getting a rep for it.  So he actually didn't get ripped off for once.  But it still IMO is a sign of desperation that they were going for Baker. Never sounded like either sided really wanted to be together to begin with but Carolina was still largely trying to make it happen because we keep doing the same thing on repeat. 

Browns probably were trying to rip off a desperate team. Why wouldn't you based on what you have seen from this front office. Tepper finally didn't take the horrible deal. 

if the new narrative is that Tepper makes sure all things are well thought out....that's a tough sell based on Teppers actions as owner.  From Sam to RH and everything inbetween IMO. 

In his last presser, he referenced finding out that he was "even stupider than he thought he was".

It was also pretty clear in several things he said that he's conscious of how negatively fans view him.

• Pie 3

Tepper didn't become a billionaire by making stupid business deals. He was just green about the whole football thing and relied to much on the F.O instead of his business smarts.

I think he learned a tough lesson that had to be learned to be successfull in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In his last presser, he referenced finding out that he was "even stupider than he thought he was".

It was also pretty clear in several things he said that he's conscious of how negatively fans view him.

Some ppl act like they didn't hear this..

Also the fact his buzz word in the press conference was patience and dam near admitted he wasn't patient which led to some bad decision..

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If your owner doesn't poo on Teddy after a "pandemic" season.. You're not paying him to play for another team.. You don't make the Darnold trade losing assets and (that gets you a worst offense and the same amount of wins).. You have a bridge  QB and Fields in the dugout..

Because its been said to me by ppl in the know.. If they don't trade for Sam Fields was the picked.. But the rush to get a winning record was a reason Tepper wanted a Vet QB and not wait on a rookie..

There was talk that he liked Fields more than the coaches.  

You are making it sound like Tepper specifically said to take Sam instead of Fields because he was only interested in winning as soon as possible.

Things don't' usually work that way.  Owners set direction.  Tepper wants to build a winning team, that is what everyone wants.  Staff decides Sam + keeping pick 8 helps the team more, both in the short term and long term than picking a QB a pick 6.  That isn't necessarily an impatient move, it might be a wrong move, but that doesn't mean its an impatient move.  It means your football people choose wrong.

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Seems like a lot of people think Justin Fields is a slam dunk NFL qb. He's not.  He's basically Sam Darnold. I get their oline was not good but neither was ours.  

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

There was talk that he liked Fields more than the coaches.  

You are making it sound like Tepper specifically said to take Sam instead of Fields because he was only interested in winning as soon as possible.

Things don't' usually work that way.  Owners set direction.  Tepper wants to build a winning team, that is what everyone wants.  Staff decides Sam + keeping pick 8 helps the team more, both in the short term and long term than picking a QB a pick 6.  That isn't necessarily an impatient move, it might be a wrong move, but that doesn't mean its an impatient move.  It means your football people choose wrong.

No my problem is before even hiring Fitt..

He made it clear Teddy had to go.  He trashed him in the media and was so sure we could get a vet upgrade.. So even before Fitt got here he set the table and burnt bridges.. Then Fitt gets here has to make magic happen for Stafford or Watson strikes out and you can't go back to Teddy..

So here comes Sam because the order from the owner is get me a vet and let's start winning faster..

He probably did like Fields but since nobody thought he would drop until a week before the draft.. You had already made your bed by then when it happened.. Based on desperation..

7 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Seems like a lot of people think Justin Fields is a slam dunk NFL qb. He's not.  He's basically Sam Darnold. I get their oline was not good but neither was ours.  

I'm not a Fields fan but let's be real..

If we had kept Teddy as the Bridge drafted Fields.. We would have alot of assets a better Cap situation and further along in this rebuild..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Sounds like they just liked Coral as a person a bit better. 

I saw Howell on Good Morning Football saying he’s never eaten any kind of meat but chicken. No burgers , hot dogs, steaks, fish ever…maybe that was the kicker ha

• Beer 1