• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms - Matt Corral is the top QB of the draft class

NAS

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I had Pickett as my one. I also think his ceiling is Andy Dalton, so that should say a lot.

But I also threw "Andy Dalton" at Joe Burrow, so consider that.

interesting about the andy dalton-joe burrow thing. yeah, i don't expect much from Pickett beyond what will be an ok and overhyped rookie season.

Corral could amount to not much of anything, but of anyone in this class i think he's got the best chance to be good. i'm hoping he is. i'm tired of not having a QB worth a crap.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I think Corrall is more fiery and competitive than Darnol.  He also seems to embrace his role as a leader where Darnold just wants to be "one of the guys".

We will see.  Honestly I hope Sam does great with protection.  Would be nice to have a vet to mentor Matt.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Corral's was really a tell of 2 seasons. The first 5-6 games he was off the charts and being hyped as the Heisman frontrunner and a top 10 pick.   Then Ole Miss got hit with the injury bug pretty bad. They lost 2 starting OL and 2 sometimes all 3 starting receivers. Matt also got beat up himself trying to carry the team to a win over Tennessee. 30 rushes and 38 passes.    Dude is a competitor and a winner. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Sometimes I wonder what its like to bust your butt your entire life to get to the NFL just to have everyone say your probably going to suck.

Steve Smith covered something pretty close to this this recently, when talking about Hall of Fame inductions / Sam Mills.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

interesting about the andy dalton-joe burrow thing. yeah, i don't expect much from Pickett beyond what will be an ok and overhyped rookie season.

Corral could amount to not much of anything, but of anyone in this class i think he's got the best chance to be good. i'm hoping he is. i'm tired of not having a QB worth a crap.

Burrow just didn't really impress me other than his crazy high level of intangibles. He just seemed like a gamer more than anything.

100% inaccurate. 

I still think Pickett is the odds on favorite to be the best of this class but I also view the chances of any hits as pretty low.