• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sleeper tight end....

Lurk21

21 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I will not stand for this anti Ian Thomas rhetoric. He is the 24th highest paid TE in the NFL for a reason. #KeepPounding 

Its true.  And he's 30th for this season.  We don't spend much on TEs comparatively. TE spend:
image.png.02be0bb6941209c8bcd704217dc659f9.png

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

No one had any problem with Anderson until last season. No one was saying that he sucks, plays selfishly and throws his teammates under the bus or anything of the sort. The fact is is that he hasn't thrown anyone under the bus, not even Sam Darnold. 

Really? I've been against him since he arrived (thanks to his police report), but for on-field, I called it that season when he literally did NOTHING after like the fifth week in the season. Dude was pretty much taking naps on the field and doing nothing to help out his team mates. He got his good start because no one thought he was worth covering and he made them pay. They started covering him with a DB2 or a safety and he couldn't compete.

Year two he further exposed himself as another poor choice from the Matt Rhule former students pool.

16 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

All for Carolina finding another TE that can reliably catch the football. 

Having said that, the OP's video was a highlight reel of bad coverages.

Yes it was bad coverages and we are talking about an udfa. I was merely  saying that some skillsets(plucking the ball with his hands and contested  catches) showed up. His background (I linked an article above the video) tells how he started out a wr in high school and was used as a tight end and grew at North Dakota.  When trying to find footage of udfas, you have to do more written background research often. Like I said, not saying what he will become but he has tools and interested  to see how he does during the offseason. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Really? I've been against him since he arrived (thanks to his police report), but for on-field, I called it that season when he literally did NOTHING after like the fifth week in the season. Dude was pretty much taking naps on the field and doing nothing to help out his team mates. He got his good start because no one thought he was worth covering and he made them pay. They started covering him with a DB2 or a safety and he couldn't compete.

Year two he further exposed himself as another poor choice from the Matt Rhule former students pool.

So, basically you were just a hater from the beginning. That's all that means. 

Robby had a nice start to the 2020 season. Him not being as productive after the first five games spoke more to do with Teddy's chicken poo style of play than any coverage of Robby. I saw the games! I remember the analyst even reflecting upon how Bridgewater wasn't letting the ball loose at the right time to Anderson. The windows were there! It's no wonder that the first 5 weeks included Teddy's best YPA and AYPA save for maybe one to two more weeks out of the season depending upon what stat you're looking at. And, talk all the poo you want, Robby was still A Yards After Contact leader in 2020. And, your saying that he did nothing after 5 games is not quite correct (He had less than 500 yards).

Well he can block and play special teams so that may help him make the 53 man roster. I know his stats don’t look that good but to be fair he was basically 3rd in receiving stats, 2nd in receiving TDs and the team doesn’t pass a lot, less than 2400 yards total passing so maybe he ends up being a surprise? Who knows.

• Beer 1