• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For all you "It AkTuAlLy TaKeS fIvE yEaRs To ReBuIlD fOr SuStAiNeD sUcCeSs" Crowd, I'll share what I posted back in January:

Nick Sirianni - Playoffs in his first year after trading away the Team's starting QB in the offseason.

Cowboys - In the Playoffs year two under McCarthy

Mike Vrabel - Playoffs in year 2 in TN

Andy Reid took the Chiefs to the postseason his first year after finishing with a 2-14 record in 2012

Sean McDermott took the bills to the playoffs in his first year after 18 years of the Bills missing the postseason

Frank Reich took his team to the playoffs in his first year as HC after not being able to even pick his own staff in 2018 and the Colts were 4-12 in 2017

Sean McVay took the rams to the playoffs year one of his tenure when the rams hadn't made it to the postseason since 2004. 

Kevin Stefanski took the Browns to the playoffs after a drought of 17 years

Matt Nagy (sucks) still took the bears to the playoffs with a 12-4 record after a year of 5-11

Brandon Staley in the playoff hunt year 1 of his tenure as HC of the chargers

Bruce Arians - Playoffs in year two**thanks to assistant HC Tom Brady

Arthur Goddamn Smith has won more games in his first year with a poo roster and no offensive line than Matt fuging Rhule has in either of his first two seasons. 

Riverboat Ron - Playoffs year one in the dumpster fire that is DC

It Doesn't Take That Long To Turn A Franchise Around.

I have accepted the fact that Rhule is here for year 3. My expectations are not high, and I want the team to succeed and I will cheer and eat crow if Rhule does. 

I'm not holding my breath though. 

Solid post...

9 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Rhule's comments do not speak to the idea that he is ignorant of his situation.  His comments are of a coach who knows his reality, and is trying to talk thru it.  Every word out of his mouth says "OMG I know I suck but don't fire me!"

Absolutely correct...

55 minutes ago, CRA said:

No, this is just you making up a bad take and projecting it out…..because you have chosen to take a stand on a bad hill in regards to Rhule.  Capers, Fox and Ron all came into bad situations just like Rhule.   Rhule is only unique in the fact he hasn’t done diddly.  

Uh huh.  Who was the Steve Smith that Rhule inherited?

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Rhule inherited almost every good player on our roster, as well. 

Very true.  What we're discussing is whether RR in inherited a worse situation than Rhule.  
I'll ask you the same question.  Who was Rhule's  Steve Smith? 

43 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Uh huh.  Who was the Steve Smith that Rhule inherited?

Every coach inherited a different batch/mix lol.

Capers and Fox didn’t inherit an 89 either. Only Ron did. 

*89 was just a returner.  That’s what Fox inherited to date.  Fox opted to put him on a path for success and 89 was birthed under Fox’s tenure. 

If Rhule inherited a crazy little punt returner he probably would be talking about ideal WR size him not having it… and playing Robby over 89 and it never happening. 

Rhule may get up to five years if he builds a winner. Folks posting that if Rhule thinks he gets 5 years no matter what, aren't paying attention. The goal was to  build a winner within 5 years not suck for 4 and then miraculously turn things around year 5. Of course Rhule is going to have to show improvement this year to show everyone we are moving forward. And honestly I think we will show improvement.  How much I don't have a clue. But Rhule isn't getting a pass this year and the Panthers are expected  to improve this year to show we are on the path.  Historically year 3  is a charm in college for Rhule, I hope for all our sakes history repeats itself and we actually show up.particularly at home. 

• Beer 2

10 hours ago, rayzor said:

Many didn't want to stick around with him. We should have been paying attention.

Some maybe.   Some vets may not want to go through a rebuild, some left for money, some just really loved RR.  My guess, is many didn't know much about Rhule.  Seems like a bunch of Rhule' players want to play for him and follow him, rather than the other way around.

You don't have to view every last thing as a  pro-Rhule / anti-Rhule.

Rhule has not performed as a head coach and if he was replaced tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.  But he's our head coach atm and Tepper says he's staying.

RR inherited a vastly superior player and draft situation than Rhule.  People saying otherwise are just revising the past to fit their Rhule hatred.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

Every coach inherited a different batch/mix lol.

Capers and Fox didn’t inherit an 89 either. Only Ron did. 

*89 was just a returner.  That’s what Fox inherited to date.  Fox opted to put him on a path for success and 89 was birthed under Fox’s tenure. 

If Rhule inherited a crazy little punt returner he probably would be talking about ideal WR size him not having it… and playing Robby over 89 and it never happening. 

Back to RR and Rhules inherited situation, 89 was NOT just a returner when RR inherited him and you know it.

Who is Rhule's Steve Smith?

18 hours ago, Basbear said:

Deep playoffs??? Prepare yourself....

I was one of maybe 5 that defended Rhules 3rd year attempt, 99% of the huddle hated it. I do wish playoffs or with great improvements across the 3 phrases. But if you feel a deep playoff, brother you are setting yourself for a personal painful season.

Why when he lost 60% of the stats and 98% of leadership. playoffs was a must in year 2???? insane you fools. Not to mention coofus, that no one cares about now, he and his team had to figure out coaching over a screen. Look at the 2019 roster and once Rhule got here. Plus Herniay gave Rhule like 100 million in dead cap for his first 2 years as well. Rhule made mistakeS and had to learn, but dear god you people with "SUPERBOWL OR ITS A FAILURE!!!!" I wonder how that group gets among now especially with the current times...

He's just setting the bar high so he can continue to call for Rhules head even if we improve. 

9 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

So from what I'm gathering anyone that doesn't like Rhule as a head coach is fat, eats from a McDonald's drive thru and lives in their moms basement basically? We may need you to throw up some pics of your Mr Olympia physique on here as you exit the diet bean sprout bar fresh from your colon cleanse while heading back to your estate in your rolls Royce that your butler "Jeeves" is driving while you read your wall street journal in the back as you do your 135 Ib bicep barbell curls for reps in strict form just to make sure you aren't a fat slob like the rest of us who don't want Rhule's narcissistic incompetent over his head not NFL caliber ass.

This you bro?

57D9F8A6-B775-4CF3-8655-D15AC1626ED5.jpeg.5f37fd5d8939df12233aa916e91d0a71.jpeg

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Back to RR and Rhules inherited situation, 89 was NOT just a returner when RR inherited him and you know it.

He very clearly stated that Fox inherited Smitty the returner, not Ron, and Rhule got DJ (not 89-level, but still very good), had Samuel, and signed Anderson. Rhule had plenty and couldn't yield results or show improvement in year 2, or year 1 for that matter.

Bottom line is that Rhule's here for year 3 and we're all on this ride along with him. However, unlike Capers, Fox, and Rivera (to a lesser degree IMO) he has shown zilch to warrant any credibility, regressed heavily on the field in his second year even if the winning percentage only went down slightly, and deserves the benefits of no doubt. Skepticism towards his ability as an NFL coach and strategist are backed completely by the team's (lack of) performance under him to date and he has a ton to prove. 

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

I mean, you aren’t even reading the posts you reply to lol. 

who was Capers’? Who was Fox’s?   They all inherited a mixed batch.  Rhule didn’t inherit some uniquely bad situation vs the other 3. 

Capers, Fox and Ron simply had success in building early on that Rhule hasn’t.   

They already had to gut his entire coaching staff 3 years in.  No identify.  No direction after 2 years.  Can’t say that about the other guys.  

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, KSpan said:

He very clearly stated that Fox inherited Smitty the returner

I very clearly asked,  who was Rhule's Steve Smith.    He went on some tangent rambling because he knows the answer. 

Rhule didn't have one.  Rhule didn't get the #1 pick, or half the talent that RR inherited.

I agree Rhule has sucked so far but it is fantasy to say RR inherited the same talent level Rhule did.  Its laughable.

🤣

38 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I very clearly asked,  who was Rhule's Steve Smith.    He went on some tangent rambling because he knows the answer. 

Rhule didn't have one.  Rhule didn't get the #1 pick, or half the talent that RR inherited.

I agree Rhule has sucked so far but it is fantasy to say RR inherited the same talent level Rhule did.  Its laughable.

🤣

The point still stands that RR showed marked improvement with what he had coming into Year 1 vs his predecessor, and he deserves some credit for that even if it was a matter of Fox underachieving. Rhule had plenty of weapons coming in plus brought in Anderson and Bridgewater as his guys and still managed the same record as an outgoing RR. It's not a knock on RR that he chose Cam and Rhule chose Brown instead of Becton, Wirfs, or any number of the other 1st rounders that perhaps could have made a bigger difference (Brown had a solid rookie season though, so not really knocking him).

You're right that it's difficult to compare though, and I'd say the bigger condemnation is that Rhule's teams have been completely figured out and faltered down the stretch each season. That's my biggest issue with him and what he absolutely has to show this year IMO, that he can strategize and compete at an NFL level.